1.11.2009

Thanksgiving in Utah

We went home to Utah for Thanksgiving for the first time in 8 years. It was so nice to drive without the worry of the weather and to be there for a quick, fun trip.

We got to eat twice. Yummm. We ate at Brent's family's with everyone except for his sis Alison and her family. We had a great time in their new kitchen great room and it made for an interesting Thanksgiving since they didn't have a dishwasher yet!

Then we went to my Dad's new house up above Huntsville. He doesn't live there yet(he is in Denver for at least another year or two until he can retire)so there wasn't a whole of furniture which made it nice for all the kids to be able to run around. It was the first Thanksgiving I can remember with my Dad except for last year when they all came to our house. It was nice to not have to host(though we really enjoy that too). There is something wonderful and spiritual about getting everyone together. I realize how much I love and miss my family and what an important role they play in my life, even if I don't see them as often as I would like to.

I am not sure why I didn't take any pictures at my Dad's. I was to busy talking I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie thanks again for taking the time to share your family with all of us. It is so fun to look at your blog and reflect on family and how important you all are to us. We love you!

    ReplyDelete