Today Spencer watched the kids since Brent is in Texas hunting pigs(I know, I know!).
Amy and I again attempted to do the Incline.
This time we found the right trail.
Kind of hard to miss right?
It is a mile of stairs that go straight up the mountain to the top of
Pikes Peak.
You can see the line that goes up the mountain,
That's what we conquered today.



A guy at the top said that it burns 1,000 calories just going up.
I believe it since I wanted to vomit.
We enjoyed the view for a few minutes and then ran down the
Barr trail we did last week.
We got down the 4 mile trail in 30 minutes.
Add that run to the other calories
and I am not feeling so badly about the
candy I ate last night during mine and Amy's
GNO watching Bride Wars.

Amy and I again attempted to do the Incline.
This time we found the right trail.
Kind of hard to miss right?
It is a mile of stairs that go straight up the mountain to the top of
Pikes Peak.
You can see the line that goes up the mountain,
That's what we conquered today.



A guy at the top said that it burns 1,000 calories just going up.
I believe it since I wanted to vomit.
We enjoyed the view for a few minutes and then ran down the
Barr trail we did last week.
We got down the 4 mile trail in 30 minutes.
Add that run to the other calories
and I am not feeling so badly about the
candy I ate last night during mine and Amy's
GNO watching Bride Wars.

I am sure going to miss this girl!
I AM SO PROUD OF US!!!! We are going to look so good for Mexico, or at least I will keep telling myself that for motivation. This has been such a fun weekend, maybe Brent should go out of town more often and we will just keep having girls night. Hee hee I am sure Spence would love that. Well it is great to go out with our hubbies too. Good luck with your lesson tomorrow.
ReplyDeletePut a gun in my hand and send me anywhere you want. And I won't even complain about it.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Laurie, I'm so impressed. YOU GO GIRL! Brent, she is going to be able to out hike you any day, gun in hand or not!
ReplyDeleteThat is Awesome Laurie! So fun!
ReplyDeleteImpressive! I would love to do that with you if I'm ever in that neck of the woods...
ReplyDelete