1.04.2009

Lions, Lions, and Lions, Oh MY!


Ayla has had very vivid imagination lately. She tries to convince Brent and I that her bed is too hard, too small, too scary, that lions are eating her or her friends. About a month ago she was constantly talking about lions. Lions were getting her, they were scary sometimes and nice others. Sometimes they were her friends and at other times they were hiding in her closet. I am not sure where the lion fascination started but it seems to be over now. I caught the last bit of it on film one morning the first part that I didn't get went on for about 10 minutes and it was hilarious.

She says the funniest things. The other night I went and laid by her after she had been asleep and she woke up and said, "Mom, you did wake up my guys." I said, "I did?" "Yeah, you did wake up my guys, my friends." She was of course talking about her "mation dog", her tiny dog, and her baby.

Another time one of us called her a baby and she said, Me not a baby, me a oddler. She drops the first consanant of most words. When she want to go to the Y she will ask,"mom, are we going to my wass?"

She was constantly saying, "me farted." so I taught her to say excuse me instead. Well now she says, "excuse me." silence. "Moooom, EXCUUSE MEEE!" with a huge smile on her face.

She is my best minder and will often say, "Yes, Momther." when I ask her to do something. And then she stands there and waits for the praise to come.

I love this girl and her sense of humor. She is one of the funniest people I know.

3 comments:

  1. That video is way cute. I love how she slides backwards under your bed! I wish I was small enough to just slide under a bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is super cute! You are behind on blogging! We hope your holidays were great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the funniest! She is so cute. I love that girl!

    ReplyDelete