Christmas was better than even I anticipated. We stayed home this year and Brent and I were both very pleased with the outcome. My Dad, Jeannie, Jessica and Ember came down from Denver to spend Christmas Eve and Morning with us. We had stew, cheesecake, opened the kids books(which Dad read to them), read the Christmas Story, and then played games while the kids slept.
Christmas morning started at about 7. The kids were so excited about all the presents under the tree. We had so many because all the relative presents we usually open at all the various parties were still unopened, under the tree as well. Sienna's response to, "Did you have a good Christmas?", is "Yes, the whole parlor was filled with presents!". Which of course is an exaggeration but, I am glad she has good memories of it. We opened presents ate a yummy breakfast and then the fam had to go to catch a call from Scott.
We loved having family to share Christmas with and it made it really special to us, especially me. I think the last Christmas morning I have had with my dad was back when I was a junior in high school. Before that I was probably a baby. It really meant a lot to see him so willing and excited to be with the kids and they really love having him nearby. Brent asked Ayla if he could help her down off the counter and she replied, "No, I want THAT guy!", as she pointed to my dad. Dad is now known as "That guy" and he spent the evening fetching all of Ayla's various animals and tucking her into bed.
Christmas Night we had the Egberts over and we had a delicious turkey dinner. Michelle brought a lot of good food and we were stuffed by the end of the day. It really was a great way to end the day and I am so glad to have family close to us so that days like this we can really relish in each other and what is important, which is family.


It is good to see you posting again!! I love your blog!! (BTW-your Christmas card was so cute!!) It looks like you had a fun Christmas! I am excited to read about the Polar Express below!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Sometimes Ammon and I talk about moving to Colorado...do you like living there? Of course it wouldn't be for like 4 1/2 more years but it is still fun to think about!!