3.01.2008

Valley of the Red Throat

When Brent and I were considering moving to Colorado Springs I started investigating everything about the area. I wanted a place with easy access to the temple and airport, good schools, hiking, walking, biking trails, cultural events, a ton of sunny days, within a days drive to Utah, good libraries(that may have not turned out to be as true as I would have liked) and an overall active place to live. Well CS seemed to fit very well. The thing I never thought about was how often people get sick. It never even occurred to me that there are some places that sickness just resides.

Last winter I blamed our families constant sickness on it being our first winter here and us just getting used to the altitude and climate. I had talked to several other people that said they were constantly sick their first winter here. Well this year I am not so sure it can be blamed on that.

Hunter has missed 5 days of school in the last month. Brent(who very rarely gets sick) has been sick twice as well in the last month. Ayla has had a constant runny nose and now the cold has spread to her face. Sienna has a fever today and she gets sick even less than Brent. I have had whatever this awful, miserable, terrible, no good illness is for the last 5 days. It is my second time in my life to lose my voice and both times have been this year. Sienna's preschool teacher, Miss Laura, said that on Tuesday they only had 2 kids in class and that strep is going around. It is crazy. I am not sure if that is what we have but Brent finally brought me some antibiotics from the office so hopefully that helps.

A lady in our ward said that when the Indians used to inhabit this area they called it the valley of the red throat(strep throat). So why on earth wasn't that in any of the information I pulled up when researching CS. Sterling's best places and find your spot should put that sort of info up too.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. That and how windy it is. And the altitude. I felt duped by all of that!!

    ReplyDelete