Last year on Easter it was super hard for me to not be with family. Michelle was here but we each had our separate plans. I don't know why I struggled. We haven't been home for Easter in 6 years now. Perhaps it was being so close but not quite close enough. Anyway, this year was so much better. We went to the Conley's(my cousin Melanie) house and had dinner and an egg hunt. The kids get along so well and it was nice for Hunter to have Andrew to play with rather than all the girls. The two boys really hit it off and have so much in common, Melanie and I were loving it. The kids had a great time and I really felt blessed to have family live so close to spend the Holiday with. They also helped make this week of Spring Break bearable and fun for the kids. Who would have thought that we would all end up in the same city with families so similar after only seeing each other once a year while growing up. It is wonderful to have them here and be able to have a good relationship with them. I really enjoy their friendship and am so grateful for it.
3.30.2008
Easter with Family
Last year on Easter it was super hard for me to not be with family. Michelle was here but we each had our separate plans. I don't know why I struggled. We haven't been home for Easter in 6 years now. Perhaps it was being so close but not quite close enough. Anyway, this year was so much better. We went to the Conley's(my cousin Melanie) house and had dinner and an egg hunt. The kids get along so well and it was nice for Hunter to have Andrew to play with rather than all the girls. The two boys really hit it off and have so much in common, Melanie and I were loving it. The kids had a great time and I really felt blessed to have family live so close to spend the Holiday with. They also helped make this week of Spring Break bearable and fun for the kids. Who would have thought that we would all end up in the same city with families so similar after only seeing each other once a year while growing up. It is wonderful to have them here and be able to have a good relationship with them. I really enjoy their friendship and am so grateful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Laur! Your kids are so beautiful! I am glad that you had a good Easter... I know it's been a sore spot for you.
ReplyDeleteI love the way your write about each child... I can feel your love for them!
You are doing a fantastic job... they are all so darling!!
We love having you close too! You were, after all, my favorite cousin. (but don't tell anyone else that)
ReplyDelete