Ayla had to be right there by the nice lady painting
faces. She was so fascinated by it and held so still
when it was finally her turn.
Saturday before Easter we went to the YMCA and saw the Easter Bunny and made crafts, had breakfast and the kids got their faces painted. It was fun to do this stuff on Saturday so that we could focus more on Christ on Easter Day. I think it can be so confusing for kids with all the hype about the Easter bunny and eggs and all that. While we were dying eggs later that day Hunter told me that someone at school told him that the Easter bunny is Jesus' pet. This made me very sad to see that the fantasy is being intermixed with what is true and real. I need to sit down with the kids and tell them that the Easter bunny is not real but something fun and that really the stuff left in their baskets is from Brent and I because we love them. I need to let them know that Christ is the most important thing, and that that is why we celebrate Easter. We talked about the atonement on several occasions leading up to Easter but I still think that it is hard for little ones to understand this and focus on this rather than the candy.
Cute, cute dresses. I think Easter dresses are my favorite because they are so happy and bright. I am glad you had a better Easter this year.
ReplyDeleteLove ya.