3.30.2008

Easter Outfits

When I was growing up my mom made Easter dresses for Katie and I every year. As we got older we would always go and get a new church outfit for Easter. So this is a tradition that Brent humors me in carrying on. The kids helped pick their dresses and outfits out this year and had so much fun doing so and the anticipation to wear them on Easter Sunday was almost more than Sienna could bear.
This is the kids playing with their new sunglasses.
I was so frustrated at not being able to get
the picture I wanted. But I liked this candid one.
I love to see them interacting together and their
different personalities. I love to see the girls
looking to their older brother and how silly he
was being. They both look up to him so much
and try to be like him.

This is one of the many we tried to get with Buoy.
He has grown so much since last year. We just
don't have a calm enough dog for him to sit
there and be still and Ayla just can't leave him
alone. She has to be touching or thinking
of him at all times so to have him sit still by
her and have her sit up and smile is a big
impossibility.



Hunter looked so Handsome and
I can not believe he will be baptized
this year. He started Karate this week
and loves it. I believe the months he
has begged me to take have just made
it that much more special for him. Now
he is trying to convince me to let him
take Art lessons so we are looking
into it.

Sienna and Hunter wanted me
to take this picture through my
sunglasses like one I took in Hawaii
of a sunset. She looks sad to me but
I also love the seriousness in her eyes.
It makes me think of how sensitive
she is. She is so afraid to make
me or Brent upset and tries so hard
to please us.

Sienna is loving Gymnastics and
it has been so good for her to have
something for herself. She enjoys the
time we get with Melanie and Michelle's
kids at McDonald's or the park
afterwards.

Ayla is growing more and more
independent every day. Most two
year olds are independent but
she is above and beyond any
that I have seen. She insists on
putting on her own socks and will take
them off and do it herself if I do it.
She has to walk everywhere herself,
put her pants on herself,
brush her teeth herself,
eat without a bib, sit in a regular chair,
choose her own spoon, drink out of
big girl cup, get into the car herself, and
her newest think is to go potty.

Yep that is right she kept telling me
"Uh, Oh. Pee." And then she would
hold her diaper and run to the bathroom.
I really did not want to potty train her yet.
She just turned two! But I decided that
it would be better to do it when she wanted to
rather than when I want to. I am glad I
did. She has done such a great job over the last
three days. She even stayed dry when we went out
yesterday and told me she needed to use the potty
and did. She stayed dry all night last night and then
woke up and told me she needed to go and did.
She carries her little potty seat and stool from
bathroom to bathroom and climbs up herself.
She does her thing, washes her hands and then says,
"Sticker" and gives me five.
There are times when I curse her independence,
but this week it has been such a blessing.
Hopefully it keeps up and I will only have
one in diapers afterall.

5 comments:

  1. darling pictures of the kids. Hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Ayla is big enough to be potty-trained. Crazy. I LOVE the pics of the kids!! You are great. The outfits are so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the easter pictures. You need to give me some photo tips. And Holey Moley, how pretty Sienna is. I like that I see her blanket every once in a while in the pictures. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color green is definetly Sienna's color!! She looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laurie!! Your children are just as beautiful as ever. You guys make gorgeous kids. I miss you all!! Looks like Easter was a good time. I love the dresses as well and Taylor is loving them now too. I can't wait to have another girl to dress up. They are like live Barbie dolls sometimes. Silly, huh?

    MIss you and hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete