2.26.2008

Kaua'i

Brent and I went to Kaua'i for a Dental Symposium
that was there. It was very last minute and we
are so glad that Corey told Brent about it.
He was able to write everything off
except for my airfare. He had flight tags earned from
the lab he uses so that covered that.
It was so nice to
get away and have some time to ourselves
before we have number 4.

Brent's mom flew out here and watched the kids
for the 9 days we were gone and we really owe her now.
They had fun with Nana. She took them to Mr. Biggs
several times and even took Sienna on her field trip to
the fire station. Thanks Nana.

Brent had classes from 8 till 12:30 every weekday
except for Wednesday. It was so nice because we stayed at the
Grand Hyatt where the symposium took place.
Brent would walk to his class and I would get up
when I wanted, go work out, and then go hang by the pools.
I even treated myself to a massage on Monday and the spa
there was so nice. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the showers, soaps,
shampoos, lotions, sunscreens, hairspray, and all that jazz
that they had there to use. I felt very pampered,
and at just the right time being 6 months pregnant.
It was so relaxing.

I am not in love with any of the pictures that we
have of me from this trip but can any pregnant women really say
that she is. It is what it is.

Poipu Beach
There were several Hawaiian Monk Seals
that would come right up onto the beach in
the midst of a crowd and sun. They were so fun
to watch. They are one of the most endagered species
in the world.





Sunset off of Corey and Noelle's hotel deck.


We hiked up a cliff a little ways by our hotel and met
a really funny gay couple that took this picture for us.
They gave us quite a laugh.

We went on a Helicopter ride and saw some
breathtaking views. It was so amazing. I was
very nervous that I would get sick but I was fine
and enjoyed every minute of it.








This local fisherman came up on shore from his little boat
and asked if we wanted to see some octopus.
We had really enjoyed talking to him and seeing
his cooler full of octopus that he and his wife eat.
"Delicasy", he said.
I also loved his black high top shoes
and his socks that he waded through the
water in. They were sopping wet when he
took them off.

We were at Anini Beach when we
met the fisherman and Brent and Corey
had just come in from catching some needle fish,
or "saxophone fish" is what the local called them,
with their fly rods.


This picture is of part of the grounds of the Hyatt.
The landscaping was amazing and it just kept going and going.
It was such a beautiful place to stay. Brent keeps saying
that everywhere we go after that will never compare
and I fear he is right.




Our last night there we stayed in Hanalei,
which is where Puff the Magic Dragon is from.
We had fun being on the north shore and seeing the
differences in the beaches and surroundings.
This beach was right by our hotel and I am
not sure of the name of it. The tide was so high
that they advised not swimming in it.
It was nice to watch the waves come crashing in.







Thanks Hubby for such a wonderful vacation.
It was great to get away with you!

6 comments:

  1. PS... totally not fare that you are jet-setting to Hawaii:) That trip looks like a dream...a dream I would love to be a part of!!! I am happy you got to get away. You and Brent and the kids need to make a trip down to AZ some time for a visit. We would love to have guests come and stay! And you are crazy if you don't think you look great at 6 months preg-o!! I am so not the "cute" pregnant girl, so I envy you:) Take care,
    Kortney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, Ive been checking and waiting for you to post pictures of your trip! It looks so beautiful there. Thats so neat you went in a helicopter! Glad you had fun sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great time!! My bro. in law and sister just got back from there saturday!! I told Jon next year that is the place I want to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing! I would love to go to Kauai someday. Welcome back to the blogger world and I think you look great, too (much better than that seal!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, you look great! NOT 6 months pregnant! and that looks like a wonderful trip!
    can i say this? should i feel this? i am SO JEALOUS! i am glad you had a good time. and those needlefish are good eatin. octopus can be too!

    ReplyDelete