
As I heard of President Hinckley's passing last night I was filled with a sadness for our loss of such a great man to lead and guide us. But more than that I was filled with such gratitude for the service he has given over the years and the wonderful example he has been of someone that enjoys life and takes lightly the little things in life. I will miss his sense of humor and his ever contagious smile.I also could not help but picture the reunion that must have taken place in heaven last night. Krystal's blog describes just what I envisioned and as she says I am sure it really was unimaginable by us that still have the veil over our eyes. How glorious a moment it must have been for him to be reunited with his dear wife that he has missed for 7 years. I am sure that the prophets and loved ones that have gone before him were awaiting and rejoicing at his arrival. And then there is the moment that he was greeted by the Savior. Words cannot describe what that must have been like.
I am grateful for the life of such a great man and that I was privileged to live during the time when he was Prophet of our church, which was almost half of my life.
hey, thanks for this post! and i hope you don't mind... i searched for other pictures of pres. hinckley, and couldn't find one i liked more than the one you used. so i hope you are ok with me using the same one.
ReplyDeleteHey laurie! you are amazing! I love your blog! I need to get mine up to date. How do you find the time? Of course, I don't have many friends that would read it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for inspiring me! You are wonderful!
Jen
Hey Laurie,
ReplyDeleteHow do you get music on the blog? I can't figure it out:)