1.23.2008

Creatures

So our garage has been a mess since,who knows how long. Probably since we started on project #1 a year ago. Well the recent mess is due to the sawdust covering everything in the garage since Brent is now working on shelves for the family room alcove. Well I finally cleaned out the garage enough to pull the car in and vacuum it out.

A few days later I moved the double jogger into the car and had to dust it off and put the removeable pads back in place. As I was doing so I noticed 3 holes on them that left the batting inside showing. I blamed it on Buoy and moved on with my day. That night I went out to the garage to look in the car for Sienna's baba. As soon as I opened the door I saw a mouse scurry in front of the steps and hide underneath. What did I do? I screamed as I shut the door and ran to sit on the fireplace hearth. Ewwww. The kids came running up and Hunter insisted that it must have been a rat since it was black. I tried to tell him it was too small but he was positive.

I had to eventually go back out to the car(after I tried to convince Hunt or SiSi to go) and look for the baba which ended up being in Hunter's closet the whole time.

Brent has said he would set some traps but due to busy life that hasn't happened yet. I have since seen it again. And I am proud to say I didn't scream but I may have made some disgusted noices.

So now my theory is that the little black piles all around the stairs are from the mouse cleaning out his new home under there. And he must have been living near the stroller and I upset it when I moved it, and he must have been the one to chew the holes in the pads. Don't worry I will get you my pretty. I wish I could refer that mouse to "my" post entitled My Super Hubby, he may change his mind about choice of residence after that.

5 comments:

  1. nasty!! I absolutely hate mice and everything about them. We don't have quite the mice problem out here just the ginormous spiders and nasty cockroaches. Umm, not quite sure which one I would rather have living in my garage though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew, ew, EW! did i ever tell you the story about me drowning a mouse in my shower?
    i hate, no, HATE rodents! of all shapes and sizes!
    but, at least you aren't in hawaii. my brother kills a few in his house every week. says that is just the way it is out there. ew.
    good luck with the mouse hunting. get it before you have a mouse family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot to say that it is large nasty rats my brother gets to kill. not cute, fuzzy, big-eared mice. but both are gross!
    are they gross because they skitter? or scamper? however it is they move?
    or is it because they eat through and into EVERYTHING?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I absolutely HATE rodents!! We caught four rats and three mice in our home in old place in Silver Spring. Once we were killing rats I told Spencer that we needed to move. Once I took a boot to a baby mouse trying to move along the carpet in our basement. It was so gross. I left it there for a few hours until I could get the nerve to take care of it. I hope you can get them before they settle in for a long stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mouse is in for it, with you calling it "my pretty" in that mean voice! Hope you catch it soon, and avoid the garage as much as possible until then.

    ReplyDelete