1.16.2008

Prayer Time

So this is Sienna saying the prayer the other morning:

"... and please bless the new baby and that mommy can make her her very own baba..."

This was her praying that same night:

"... please bless mommy that she can drive better..."

Well I know that the baba is a big concern and I found it quite adorable that she would care for her sister enough to pray that she might have her own special blanket, but drive better? Where did that come from? We hadn't driven at all that day or even talked about it so I have no idea what she was thinking. Her prayers seem to ramble on and on and she prays several times during the same prayer that she will be able to be good(to which Hunter remarks, "that was the third time she said that" and then, "that was the fourth time!")

By the end of the prayer last night we were all trying our best not to laugh but I couldn't hold it in and then I felt bad when she started crying and buried her face in the floor. After a bunch of hugs we assured her that her prayers are great and that she does a good job praying for the things that are important to her and that is what Heavenly Father wants to hear.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I wish they would teach my kids how to pray. It's so hard to get any more than "bless the food" out of either of them. It's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete