Kids say the darndest things. Okay so it may be a cliche but usually cliche's happen to be true. Well my kids sure say crazy things. Especially Ayla. It may be the age but I have a feeling it may just be her funny personality.
Yesterday Ayla said, "Mom look at the deer. I want to hold the deer. Can I mom?"
Me: "No you can't hold the deer."
A: "Can I carry the deer then?"
Me: "No you can't carry the deer. How would you carry the deer?"
A: "A tiny deer then? I would carry it in the road. I would talk to it and say, deer. Then I will carry it, K, Mom."
One morning she woke and said, "Oh yeah, Mom, my present. What... say it. (she thinks) my present day."
Me: "your birthday?"
A: "yeah my birthday. we forgot my birthday."
Me: "No we didn't forget, it is on Sunday."
A: "Oh, Okay."
Her nickname for Elsie is Elsie-babe.
She often says, "I want too much! You didn't give me too much." Which means she wants a lot.
Whenever she can't say the word she is thinking of she either makes up a jibberish word or she says say it, prompting me or Brent to say it.
All week, in anticipation of her birthday she has been telling me that she is growing up. Usually this is her persuasion tactic to get me to let her do something I normally wouldn't let her do.
My favorite things she says are, cept(except), icause(because), amorrow(tomorrow), esterday(yesterday)actually, probly(probably), and my all time favorite is when she gives me a hug and under her breath says, "Ma-ma".
She may be turning three, and looking more grown up everyday as she wears her new(Sienna's hand-me-downs) 3T clothes that hang a bit on her, but she still seems awfully little to me. Ohhh, how I love my little Ayla Bug.
I have been reading for ever:) Wow how did Sienna get stuck. There is nothing better then watching kids enjoy each others company!!! and I can't beleive that Ayla is going to be three Happy Birthday!! Can't wait to see you.
ReplyDelete