Saturday Brent went to shoot and I had to prepare for the Teacher Development Meeting I was hosting Sunday morning so the kids played with friends while I made cinnamon rolls. Actually, once they found out what I was doing they were all there to help, getting out aprons and washing hands, and amazingly enough, taking turns. I love seeing them get along and making fun memories, especially since Sienna reminds me daily how sad she is that the Elmores are moving.
Hunter and Henrik asked me every 5 minutes if the rolls were done. I love hearing their laughter. Doesn't laughter and baking have a way of energizing the soul. I feel you can't have enough kids around(maybe for limited times). I love the energy they bring to life and the spontaneity they create.
Friday was spent making clipboards for my teachers and I had lots of help then as well. Hunter wanted to make his own since Sienna got to make one at Peyton's Valentines day party earlier in the week(thanks for the great idea, Angie). It was fun to have a quick project and I was happy with the finished product.
Front Back Hunter's
It was a great weekend with blue skies, full tummies, and tired, played out kids.
Laurie you really did an amazing job with your teaching dev. meeting... can I be one of your teachers and come to a meeting? Those boards are darling and ahhhhhhh, can't tell you how good those rolls look!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute pic's of the kiddo's! Thanks for letting them play at your house.