2.25.2009

25 Random Things
About Me
Sorry it has taken me so long to do this tag, it is not my favorite thing.

  1. I love reality TV(as I was writing this Brent said, "write I'm a sucker for reality TV", I looked at him and told him to look at what I had just written. I guess I can say that I have a telepathic husband or I could say that we are very in sync).
  2. I hate to cook. I hate the hassle of it and then the cleanup. Baking I can stand just because I LOVE to eat Baked Goods and they seem to last longer than one meal does.
  3. I married a man that likes to cook and does so often. He also doesn't complain when I don't cook. He does roll his eyes when I say I want a bowl of cereal for dinner, though.
  4. I love cold cereal, even for dinner.
  5. All the women on my mom's side live FOREVER. My Great Great grandma died when I was 7. She was 104.
  6. I love yoga. I am certified to teach but don't because I love to do it for me and let's face it, I am busy enough as it is. I would love to get my 200 hour cert. eventually.
  7. I am very, VERY indecisive. I am sure several of you are surprised by that one. I guess you could say I hate to commit. Commitment Problems? huh, I never thought of it that way.
  8. I am a little obsessive about having things clean and in order. Okay, Okay, a lot obsessive, to the point where I get really ornery when things aren't as they should be.
  9. I love photography. I love taking pictures. I love looking at others great pictures. My dream one day is to be good at it.
  10. I guess you could say I am a "few great friends" type of person, rather than "tons of casual friends" person. I like the familiar and don't feel comfortable in big groups of people I don't know. Unlike Brent who can talk to anyone on the spot, I have to gear myself up to approach people and to start a conversation.
  11. I get car sick still. I like driving because it takes away the urge to... well you know.
  12. I am only at 12. I must be boring. Think, think. I love candy. I love sugar. My family grew up on ice cream and starbursts, reeses peanut butter cups and licorice, oh and cold cereal. I can never have enough of it.
  13. One of my favorite places in the world is Snowbird. My Grandparents have had a timeshare there since I was crawling or maybe it was before that. My Grandma would take all of her grand kids up to stay in the little studio room for the entire week and she still to this day takes the great grand kids. I love my Grandma, and these are some of my best childhood memories.
  14. Brent just told me to write that I have never tasted shrimp to which I replied, "Ewww." and then he said, "and you probably never will". Got that straight.
  15. I don't like red meat. It makes me sick to think about eating a big steak. When I was young my Grandma would take us through the drive through and after I would order my usual salad, she would go on to tell me that when I start dating that I should order a hamburger because guys like girls that will eat. I married a hunter(understatement of the world).
  16. I have an abnormally large mouth. My brother can fit 24 large marshmallows in his at one time. I have never tried this but I can fit my fist in there.
  17. If I could have anything changed about me it would be my feet. Yes my feet. I think it comes from my little sis always making fun of mine and showing off hers.
  18. My little sis and my big sis are my best friends.
  19. Out of all of my family I now live nearest to the people that while I was growing up I lived the farthest from. Michelle and Melanie live in the same town as I do but up until their Junior year of High School they were my only cousins that lived out of state(Connecticut). My Dad moved to Denver less than a year after I did. Most of my life he has lived in Texas and I would see him about once every 2 years.
  20. I have never had a pet in my life until we got Buoy. Okay that is not true. We had some fish and Hunter had a frog in Ohio.
  21. When I was in high school I had some crazy obsession with dolphins. I even thought I wanted to be a marine biologist. I hate fish though. What was that all about?
  22. I used to be really crafty. In Ohio I was always doing a project. It kept me sane. I have hardly done anything since we moved to Colorado. I think my house and my kids are my project now. I am starting to get the craving to make something again.
  23. I never worked out until I moved to Ohio and even then I never got in a groove. In the last 2 years, being pregnant and all, I have worked out more than I have the rest of my life.
  24. I shed probably close to as much as Buoy.
  25. I think my favorite thing to do would be to either eat chocolate or to read a book, preferably both at the same time(add a beach and I am in heaven). A lot of my books have chocolate finger prints in them.
If you are reading this then... TAG, you're it!

7 comments:

  1. #24 should have the "probably" removed from it. Our shower looks like a Whooky just stepped out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. I'm totally with you on #1, 2, 4, 7, 11, and 17!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we live near to each other. I used to dream about living near you as a little girl. And now here we are. Not doing nearly as much together as either of us would like. Is it the 4 kids and the house thing? Maybe when they are all in school we can read books, eat chocolate, do yoga, and go for hikes. All my likes too. And maybe we can do them near a beach. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute post. Sorry about the feet thing, thats funny. Im so glad its not just me with the cereal thing and candy. Ahh were all the same, us Allen kids. That was fun to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these fun things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing that Laur! It was fun to relive some of those childhood memories with you... we are a crazy bunch!!

    And you are my best friend too... thanks for saying that!
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Laurie, I was trying to catch up on my blog and just ended up reading other people's instead. I am the same as you with #10. Social stuff is hard for me but Brig can talk to anyone and everyone! I love reality t.v. as well. If you ever miss a show I am sure that i have it on tivo! Best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete