3.01.2009

Ayla Joy


Ayla Joy. Her name means Oak Tree in Turkish and the light of the Moon in Hebrew. It fits her well. She is strong, yet mysterious. She is Joyful, elegant, steadfast, and playful. She is the laughter in our family and she keeps us sane.

I love her quick wit. She has perfect timing in all she says.
I love her facial expressions that change moment to moment.
I love her passion for dogs, animals and all that she does.
I love her "tuddles".
I love her independence.
I love her voice and the way she pronounces and enunciates her words.
I love her skinny little frame and her long elegant fingers.
I love her dark hazel eyes, long dark lashes and the brows she furrows above them.
I love her dimples.
I love her happy attitude.
I love her resilience.
I love that she sings as she plays.
I love her imagination.
I love HER.

I can't believe she is THREE. My little Ayla bug is "growing up".

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ayla! Hope your day was FABULOUS! I can't believe she is three. I love how determined she is, and I love that she can hold her own with the big kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie! I'm glad you finally invited me! I've had your guys's names on my blog for sometime now but could never view it. Ha ha. Your kids are all so dang cute. Your house looks beautiful too! We should come out and visit. Ha ha like how I just invited ourslves? ;) Anyway, how in the world did you make those FABULOUS cinnamon rolls? I cannot make anything with yeast in it to save my life, I somehow manage to screw it up, but I want to make those exact rolls you made, can I have the recipe? Are you coming out to visit soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Ayla Yesterday!! I can't believe she is already three! Did you guys cut her hair? It looks so cute in these pictures and looks like it has gotten alot thicker since I last saw her. I love it!

    Erin P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you expressed your love for such a precious child. She is everything that you said and more. I hope she had a happy birthday. I love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe she is three!!! It seems like you just had her! I can't believe it. Laurie-she is beautiful!!!!

    P.S. What is the email address you are using now? I'll send you the recipe for those Chocolate Andes Mint cookies...warning: they are addicting!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so cute... laurie... I hope she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shes sooo cute. I think you ment to say ayla bug not but so take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for catching the typo, Kate. That makes me laugh. I will post the cinnamon roll recipe, Sav. And to Erin, Yeah, I cut two inches off of Ayla's hair about a month or two ago. It is still super thin and sparse but I curled it so that helped pull off the deception that she has a lot of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Ayla. I can't believe she is 3!!!

    ReplyDelete