11.28.2006

Thanks and more Thanks!

Well I have been postponing posting until I can find my camera charger so that I could post some pictures of our Thanksgiving weekend but I finally decided that that may be awhile so I am going to post without the pics.

We had a wonderful weekend. Brent's parents, brothers and sister and their families came to spend the holiday with us, some of them arriving Tuesday and the rest Wednesday. It was a full house which made Thanksgiving that much better. We had lots of help in the kitchen and the kids entertained each other leaving us to the cooking. We had a wonderful feast, and now I really wish I could post the pictures I took. The kids were so cute at thier own table and us 9 adults were at my free, character filled dining table I was so grateful to have and use for the first time. The kids made more of a mess with the food that ended up on the table than I think went in thier mouths and Amber I were lucky to get our first bites before the others were ready for seconds. Kelly and Gaylene just laughed and mentioned how nice it was that thier turn for that stage was over. Amber and I did not quite see the humor but I am sure we will in 20 years or so. Once we were able to dig in it was a wonderful meal and over much quicker that it was prepared. We had 8 pies which was almost one whole pie per person. We were so grateful to have Brent's family there, it has been a long while since we have celebrated Thansgiving with family and it made us very grateful for them. We really missed Alison and AJ however and it was not quite complete without them.

The day after Thanksgiving Gaylene, Amber, Erin and I hit the Black Friday sales leaving the house at 4:30 to get to Kohl's by 5:00. It was not soon enough. We waited in very long lines and enjoyed the spirit of the "hunt". We found wonderful deals and most of us got all of the things we had "scouted" out the day before in the piles of adds we had spread across the floor. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and basked in the ability to eat uninhibited by children demanding this or that.

While we were out the boys tore out the carpet in the entry from the garage and the family room and started laying our new hardwood flooring. I was hoping to return to a great work in progress but they had had a few setbacks and were only started to lay the first boards. No worry. Brent worked hard and he always does and got as much done as he could while he had Eric, his tools, and expertise. We got the family room done and just have the entryway left, but won't be able to rent the equipment until Friday when Brent has some time to finish it. I can' t wait. It looks so much better than our stained, gross carpet and it is so much easier to clean up potty accidents than on the carpet. They did a great job! Thanks to all of you that helped. It was so kind of you to do on your vacation.

On Saturday we went to the Garden of the Gods and again I wish I could post the pics I have, but my camera is completly dead. Did I leave my charger at someone's house when we were in Utah? Anyway, GOG was great. We had perfect weather all weekend and Saturday was no different. Hunter, Sienna, and Parker were so fun to watch as they followed each other around, exploring all the tunnels. They all played so well together all weekend. After GOG Brent took most of the crew up to the office and he pulled Bryan's wisdom teeth, which was "the easiest extraction" he has done according to Brent. He also made a night gaurd for Kelly and gave Amber, Parker and Eric exams. It was a busy day.

That night we went on date night and hired babysitters for the six kids and we went and saw The Prestige with some of the hottest actors(yes Brent knows I think so) and it was a great movie. I love a movie that makes me think and figure it out and afterward I was still working at it, in fact I still don't think I fully get it. I need to watch it again. Then we went to Cold Stone and ended the night and the weekend the best way one can, with ice cream.

Thanks for the wonderfull weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment