11.18.2006

Trip to Utah

The week of October 20th we went to Utah. The kids and Buoy were excellent in the car and we realized that leaving after work and driving while it was dark works out really well. We got into Brigham at about 1:30 Friday morning. On Friday night we watched Bryan slaughter Woods Cross. It was fun to see him all geared up and on the field playing the entire game. He is very good, and even though we could have guessed this it was fun to actually see it. We spent Friday and some of Saturday in Brigham City which was great and it was fun to get out Friday night without the kids. On Saturday I went to Katie's and Mom, Jenn and the kids and I all hung out. The cousins were very excited to see each other and had a great time. Brady came by and we had dinner and hung out and the kids played the candy game and were overjoyed and got along very well. Sunday we went to church with Katie and as usual I spent the time in the foyer with Ayla. That evening we went to the Killpacks cabin and I got to see Heidi, Holly and Grandma and all the kids including Adam(the first time I have seen him since he got home from his mission in August). It was fun to relax, eat, hang out and play psychatrist with the people I love the most and get to see the least. Monday was much of the same. We went to Jenn's and hung out there. The kids decorated sugar cookies and played and played. Then it was off to Brigham again. Tuesday Amber and I had a day to ourselves since our hubbies had been hunting the entire weekend. We went shopping and just enjoyed being together. Wednesday we headed home and made it home at around 11 pm. The big snow storm hit around midnight. We were very grateful to have beat it here.

So the snowstorm was crazy. We got 18 inches and in Woodland Park they got 29 inches in one day. Brent went to work and most of his patients cancelled but he was glad he went in anyway to catch up on things after being gone for a few days. Friday was the same just a few patients came but they were able to move them all into the morning so he was home early. Hunter and Sienna had a great time playing in the snow and just being home. I too, was grateful to be home and just vegged out by the fire, and slowly unpacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment