






For Halloween we went to some new friends' house. There were several other rather new families to the ward there so it was fun to get to know some of them. Hunter had to wait until everyone got there before he could start trick or treating and he felt rather put out by that but once they got going they had a blast and Brent said that Hunt didn't stop running the entire time. Sienna came back with hands very, very pink and cold but she was too excited about the candy to complain. It was one of the coldest days we have had yet but they still had fun and were excited to drink some hot apple cider when they got back to the house. It made me smile to see them do the same thing Brady, Katie and I did when we came home with our stash; they came in and first thing they did was dump out all the candy on the floor and check it out and then Hunter started trading out all of his candy with nuts for some without. It brought back fun memories.
We also went to the trunk or treat at the church and the kids loved it. Hunter got to go around with some of the kids from Primary so that was fun for him. He helped Sienna got through the long, dark maze that the YM made and I was so suprised she didn't cry when she got lost. Hunt was such a good big brother to help her through everything and always made sure she was right next to him no matter which activity he was doing.
I was very nervous to take Sienna to Hunter's school Halloween party since she tends to throw a fit every time we set foot inside the building....but I was pleasantly surprised that she was extremely well behaved. So luckily I have been able to volunteer a few times since then with no major fits. The party was a hit and very well organized unlike some of the preschool ones I have been to. Hunter was very appreciative of Brent going out the night before to find him a captain pirate hat, and honestly so was I. I was supposed to find him one and spaced it so at 8 o'clock the night before the party Brent went and found one that gave Hunter's costume the finishing touch.
The pictures didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. They both looked adorable and I will have to remember next year to take pictures before it gets dark because my camera seems to not focus very well in poor lighting(maybe be then I will have a new camera, hopefully sooner...hint to Brent). Sienna looked so cute, and I just don't feel that any of the pics I got fully captured it but here they are regardless.
No comments:
Post a Comment