11.18.2006

29 and Counting

Happy Birthday to me! So I can's believe that I am now 29. It seems like it wasn't long ago that Brent and I were living at the Morrill's and getting ready to go to Ohio. We were sitting in their kitchen and talking about how wierd it would be when we were done with school. Hunter would be almost 6 and I would be almost 29 and Brent almost 30. It seemed as thought this day would never come and that it was so far into the future. It is bizarre that that future is now the present. I feal old and yet I don't feel that differently than I did then. I wonder what this new year in my life holds for me. Looking back at that time 4 years ago, I was very scared of the unknown and what Ohio held for us. Now I don't feel scared for this new chapter that we have started but I do feel a bit apprehensive. I am not sure that we will ever feel the same kind of friendship, and sense of belonging that we felt in Ohio. I am hoping that Colorado will also be a wonderful chapter and that this year especially will hold some of the same magic that the years past have seemed to have. What lies ahead no one knows but I do have the power to make it one great year, So again I say...Happy Birthday to me!

I had a great day. It started out to be a typical Thursday but by 9 o'clock I had already had 3 phone calls. Brent's ladies called and wished me happy bday and Brent called too. That night Brent and went to the carpet store which is exactly what I wanted to do and then we went to De Bepo's, an italian restaraunt. On Friday Brent took me to The Melting Pot since I have wanted to try it for a long time. We had fun talking and stuffing ourselves. Brent was very pleased with me that I tried the Filet Mignon and tried very hard not to make a big deal out of it so that I wouldn't change my mind. It wasn't bad but the chicken was much better, in fact the chocolate was much, much better. We then went and saw the movie with Will Ferrell and I can't remember the name but it was just alright, funny but not as funny as I had hoped. So another birhtday come and gone. Oh and Brent gave me an iPod, which is just what I wanted so i was excited. The funniest part is that he had his assistant Hannah go to the springs to get it. She told him that that is when you know you are a boss; when you send your assistant to buy your wife's birthday gift. I really didn't care however because he has been so busy that there was no time for him to get it, and at least he picked it out.

On Friday Brent stayed home with the kids and Cheryl, B's office manager ,and Hannah and I went to a very fun store called World Imports and then went to a place called Brush strokes where you get to paint your own ceramics. I painted a Christmas plate and it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I of course was the last one finished but surprisingly only by a few minutes and the real surprise is that I even finished at all. Jeana you would have been proud. It was a fun day to get away and I really like it that Brent has most Fridays off. It was a great Birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment