Well the countdown to Christmas has begun. The kids are super excited. When they saw the first houses on our streets with lights they ran inside to tell B and and I that it is now Christmas. It was so cute to see them so excited about something so simple as twinkle lights. The snow has added to their excitement. We have had about 6 inches of snow and very cold weather. Hunter is constantly wanting to play in it and so we finally bought Sienna her own snow pants so that they don't have to decide who will wear the one pair we had.
We are busy getting our house presentable for the Kris Kringle Mingle, our enrichment progressive dinner, that will be at our house on Wednesday. Brent finished the floor and it looks so nice. Now we just need a rug to tie everything together. We still have the new door frames and base boards to put up. We got them painted and tomorrow hopefully we will get them put up. We are also excited to get a tree tomorrow for FHE and get some decorations. I think then I will be able to relax about the whole Christmas stuff and be able to enjoy the wonderful season. I am almost done with my shopping and then I just need to finish Ayla's stocking and do Christmas cards, nieghbor gifts, teacher gifts and holiday pictures, all before we leave for Utah.
We had Michelle and Hans over for dessert and we watched the First Presidency message. It was so great to hear President Monson speak about making room in our lives for Christ. With all the things I have going it was a good reminder. That is what this time of year is really about and it is so easy to get caught up in everything else. Next year I want to have everything done by December first so that I can really enjoythe true spirit of Christmas. We sang Christmas songs in church today and I loved it. It to reminded me to slow down and enjoy it. I love this time of year. Last night we went to our ward Creche and saw all the nativities they had set up. It was amazing how many different one their were and several from different cultures. It just reiterated the fact to me that the message is the same. How lucky we are to be members of the church and to know of our Savior and to be able to have a whole month to celebrate his birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment