9.23.2011

There is Sunshine in My Soul Today

Do you ever have those moments when you realize that the sun is shining and you just feel like singing...or crying because you simply feel happy?  That is how I feel today.    I feel so blessed and loved.  It seems the cloud has lifted and that I am able to see all the beauty that has been surrounding me all along.

I woke up this morning with a ray of sunshine shining in my heart.  It sounds cheesy, but that is how it felt.  I don't know exactly what the difference was for me today.

Perhaps it was waking up with Brentley beside me after having him gone for several days.  I wasn't expecting him home so soon.  It was such a welcome surprise.

Perhaps it is Elsie's little voice and happy smile.  She fills me up with such contentment.  She is a gift.

I realized with such clarity today what a gift simply living is.  I think this as I watch my kids walk together every morning to the bus, with the light silhouetting thier little bodies.  But for some reason today I feel it more profoundly.  It isn't permanent.  I want to savor it.

So Thanks be to my Heavenly Father for this gift of life and for the wonderful, lovely people that allow me feel His love day after day.

All week the scripture: "... and men are, that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25) has been stuck in my head and I even used it as a mantra to meditate.  I thought over and over, I am that I might have joy.  I can't help but feel loved and want to strive for happiness when I think that God wants ME to be happy.  And today I feel the surrounding, encompassing love that He wants so dearly for me to feel.  I feel it just like I do the sunshine.  It warms me up from the inside out.  So it may sound cheesy, but it is exactly how I feel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment