9.19.2011

Give Laurie new carpet and chances are...

She'll want to paint the walls to go with it.


If she paints the walls,
She'll probably want


baseboards to match the upstairs base.
After all half of them are already pulled off due to the flood.

I need to wait for Brent to put it back up 
before I move to much back in.


Doesn't it look so much better?
Brent was so kind to tear out all of the silly tiles 
that surrounded this room 
and that were at the bottom of the stairs 
and all the way down the hall.

It feels so much homier and brighter.
Less basement-y.
And cleaner.  
Perhaps that is just because I haven't moved any
of the toys or furniture back in yet.

I am going to get rid of a bunch of our toys.
I can't wait.
And I think I am going to rotate through the ones we do keep.

Brent wants to paint this room, too,
 since we can't stand the dark ugly color that was already here when we moved in,
especially now that we don't have the projector.

I would love some comfy leather Theatre seating.
We just can't find any that fits in this strange sized room.


This is only a small portion of what we have to put away.
Most of the big stuff is in the garage or the Den.


I CAN'T wait to get it put back together.

I feel badly that Hunter has to go to the garage 
to get his clothes out of his dresser.
And it has been 6 weeks of him not having a room.
Poor kid.

He has been sleeping on a mattress on the landing upstairs.
It has been nice to have him up there with the rest of us, 
I must admit.




He begged me on Saturday to put just his bed back together.

And so I did.

And  chances are if I start on the bed...

I will want to bring his desk back down too.

And if I do that...

Chances are I will want to organize

the shelves,

and
the 

drawers.

And maybe...

hang
few 
pictures.





I would have brought his dresser down too.

If I were physically capable.

We were worn out after it all,

but happy with our finished product.

We enjoyed sitting on the soft,

yummy smelling,

new carpet,

and taking in all our efforts accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good! Way to turn a nasty situation into something so great!

    ReplyDelete