9.07.2009

Movies

I watched a lot of movies this weekend. Maybe too many. So here is the list.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
The Sound of Music
The Race to Witch Mountain
Seven Pounds
Serendipity

I did also read a really good article my mom sent me in the mail about discovering your gifts and then developing and honoring them. In fact it was an excellent article. Thanks mom. It has had us talking and joking about what are gifts are and AREN'T all weekend. And I have read the Ensign so see I have done SOME good things this weekend.

The house has definitely taken a hit this weekend. The kids and Brent would all work together periodically to throw it back in order and then not long after it would look like it had been forgotten. It is nice to see that all those days I feel like I am really not doing anything at all, I really am doing quite a bit. I didn't hesitate at all in pointing out to the kids how quickly the house is a disaster when am I am not following them around picking up after them. It has been a great eyeopener for them, I hope, because this month we are talking about work, discipline and dependability during FHE(see valuesparenting.com)so maybe something good will come out of my lazy weekend, after all.

3 comments:

  1. Laurie I hope you are surviving! Pneumonia, that stinks! Did you know that the next Hunger Games; Catching Fire came out? I got it from the library yesterday, I actually am using the reserve system here. Can't wait to read it. It would be a good read while laying in bed recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were so sick for so long. I wish you lived by me so I could take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, lets i-chat today when you get home from church and settle down. My kids are dying to see your kids.

    ReplyDelete