I was not excited for our trip to Liberty with Brent's Mom's side of the family. Not because we don't AlWAYS have fun with them but because camping with a one year old that isn't walking yet, and is constantly putting things in her mouth sounded miserable.
Lucky for me we had a fabulous time. This will be one I hope to never forget. I hope my kids never forget it.
We stayed at the LDS churches girls campground. It had a huge main room and a fully equiped kitchen, including ice machine- which the kids loved, seperate camp sites, and a big grassy area. The kids stayed up late and played capture the flag with glow necklaces- which the kids loved, and ate smores and banana boats and the adults chatted away.
Elsie did great in the tent for the first time. All was made doable by the fact that we could go into the lodge and let her crawl around. I put her to sleep in the girls bathroom back by the showers-which I loved.
We went on a mile and half hike to a waterfall that was tricky for our kids in flops and once we got there we found the waterfall all dried up. I dropped Brent's new camera and scratched it and then on the way back to the lodge I ran back instead of taking a ride in the back of the truck and twisted my ankle pretty badly. The kids still had fun and I did too. The flowers were amazing to see and I was laughing in side at poor Parker as he said things like, "I just don't see how I am ever going to make it. This is just hopeless."
The only picture I have of Hunter to prove we had him with us. He was loving the opportunity to play with other BIG boys.
Sienna and Regan became great friends.
Megan carried Sienna a good deal of the time.
Parker, always good for a laugh.
Normie in his modeling pose.
Normie is Ayla's buddy on the Morrill side. They are inseparable. I LOVE listening to them play together.
No comments:
Post a Comment