9.15.2009

Buggie


Last night during Family night we were talking about jobs we each are responsible for. Brent counted up Ayla's jobs and told her she has 3 and what they are. She flopped down on the rug from her sitting position letting all her limbs go totally limp as she said, "Dang it." We all busted up laughing. She has such a way of saying things that is so funny. In her voice was no complaint or whining but just total resignation.

She has such different spirit about her. She is such a happy, joyful person. She just is joyful. Brent was saying last night that we named her right. We couldn't have found a more fitting name than Ayla Joy. Brent also gave the kids father's blessing last night for the start of the school year and Ayla was last. Brent immediately teared up when he started her blessing which he hadn't done with the other two. He said afterwards to me that there is something different about her. He said that the moment he placed his hands on Ayla's head he felt a surge. That it was an immediate sense of the Spirit. He couldn't explain it any differently than that, and I think I understand. She is a very choice little girl, our Ayla, and we feel very blessed to be her parents and to feel of the joy she shares with each of us.

3 comments:

  1. She is too cute! Laurie you have a wonderful family and it is because you two are amazing parents! Thanks for being a great example and for the parenting site below! Have a great day and hopefully I will see you at the gym on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great story. I got teary. She is, she is just her and I love her so much. She IS so funny. No wonder my kids talk about her all the time in the middle any conversation. Just yesterday Aspen said I love how Ayla talks. In the middle of driving to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a sweetie... you are indeed lucky and what a wonderful family you all are!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete