So the story goes that I was supposed to meet some other women from my ward at the church at 5:30 to carpool to the stake center to watch the Relief Society meeting together. Well I was ready at 5 and then decided to wake up Ayla and feed her before I left. I kept watching for people to show up, as was Brent. Well finally a few minutes after 5:30 2 cars pulled up and got out and Brent told me about then and told me to go and I of course wanted to finish feeding Ayla because she cried when I tried to stop. So then Brent informed me that they were leaving. I walked to the church to find no one there. Brent watched me the whole way there and the whole way home. So anyone that doesn't know Brent as well as I do, I'll just tell you that he is very laid back except when it comes to being late. I am always late. I am really working on it because it has gotten to the point that it is starting to bother me too. So this really isn't what I intended to write about but I guess I am just making note that I am going to make it a challenge to be on time to everything I have going this week. So we will all see how I do.
Well I am so glad that we have satelite and the BYU channel because I was able to go downstairs and watch the whole program by myself in my comfy, black, eyesore of a recliner. It was wonderful because Hunter had a friend over and so the 3 kids played perfectly together while I watched and Brent made us dinner.
As far as the program went, I don't really know what to say to describe how I feel. It is always amazing how the speakers know just what to say to make us(at least me) always feel so loved and special. It is as if they know me personally and know just what I need to hear and how to speak to my heart. I loved this meeting because even though I was in my basement by myself watching it on TV I still felt the spirit and had such gratitude to be a member of this wonderful church and especially The Relief Society. Lately I have been yearning to feel the spirit and it seems that with kids in sacrament meeting and going to the mother's lounge and all the other things I have going on in my head it is hard to focus on the messages and the lessons at church. But I was able to completely focus tonight and I so enjoyed seeing President Hinckley speak to us women with such love and conviction, that we are wonderful people and that we are truely loved by the Lord. What a wonderful message. If the Lord loves us knowing absolutely everything there is to know, then we must not be so bad(late or not).
No comments:
Post a Comment