9.10.2006

Here's the update

So I have been slacking, I know, I know. April gave me a good kick in the pants to keep posting so here goes. We haven't had internet because of the move so there's my excuse.

Well, there is so much to write about. Going back to where I left off I will give you the brief update(I am laughing because you all know that summarizing is not my forte).
Here goes.

I finally got around to having Hunter's birthday party on the 26th and it was a hit. He had 3 friends from the ward there and Michelle's and Angie's kids. We played pin the spider on the web, hunted with flashlights to rid the basement of all the creepy crawly bugs they could find, hit the pinata that wouldn't break, ate cupcakes and had a cake walk. Hunter had a great time and felt like I had filled my obligation to him as a mother. I don't know why this year my heart was not in it because previous years I had it planned way in advance and was so into the theme and having it all coordinate. I realized that as long as kids show up and they have something to do and the birthday kid gets presents all the other stuff is just fluff. Anyway it was a great time and Sienna of course can't wait for her turn and she thinks it is anyday.

Speaking of Sienna's birthday here is a funny story about that. We bought her a dress up trunk from Sam's for her birthday and Brent hid it(not very well) in the garage and she saw the pink box and knew immediatley it was for her and asked when she can have it. She has no idea what it is but she knows it is hers just because it is pink and she won't let up about it. I finally had to tell her that it is for her bithday and that she can't have it yet. She insists that every new day is her birfday and that I give it to her now.

Her insisting is not in a very mild manner, or is anything that she does lately. Her "red" streak is becoming more and more apparent and Brent and I just look at each other with a look as if to say, I give up. We are at a loss of what to do with her and her "fits". We had a school open house this last Thursday and afterward I asked Hunter's teacher if I can bring in my kids to help out with journaling or centers, ect. and her reply was, "We can try it. It really depends on the toddler." She preceded to tell me that she needs to have it quiet so she can focus on the other kids. I totally understood what she was getting at and so I said, "You have seen Sienna when trying to leave(she absolutely loses it and is screaming and kicking and I have to carry her and Ayla all the way to the car. No easy task.), she has a hard time saying goodbye to Hunter." And the teacher's reply was, "Yes, that worries me a bit." I just left it at that. Like I said I can't blame her for being apprehensive, I am myself. But it was hard for me to admit that I don't have that perfect child(nor does anyone for that matter). Of course I want my children to be well liked and make wonderful impressions everywhere they go but I have realized many times this summer that kids will be kids and they just don't know any better(even though I have told them over and over again).

Okay so back to my update. We bought a fridge on the 26th as well and it was funny to both of us how much fun we had. We left the 2 oldest with a babysitter and then went haggling between Sears and Best Buy. We were laughing by the end of the night at how great it was to be toghether just the 2 of us(Ayla was so good she didn't really count). We were very pleased with ourselves at the great deal we got and hoped it would fit since we hadn't measured. It did.

I joined the YMCA which I believe is the best thing ever. I went and worked out the first day and then went back after I picked Hunt up from school and we swam with Michelle and her kids. We had a blast. Ayla and I got sick the next week and we were preparing for the big move(terrible timing to be sick) so we didn't go so much but this week since we have been in our house I have gone everyday and it has done wonders for my psychy. I love being able to drop the girls off and having time to be by myself and the best part is I feel great afterwards, sore but great. Sienna loves it. She has made fruit loop necklaces, jumped on a big blowup castle and even her favorite: played with playdough. She tells me when I pick her up, "I had sooo much fun." I love picking her up and seeing that big grin on her face and even more I love it that she runs up to me and givis me a leaping hug. It is definatley worth the 18 minute drive. I have seen Michelle there a few times and I have realized that I am so blessed to have had her here in Colorado. Without her my life would be very lonely.

Another blessing was my mom coming to help us move. We closed on our house on Thursday the 31st and moved on Saturday. My mom called Thursday night and said she wanted to come help and she flew out on Friday. It was so great to have her here and I really think I would have given up without her help. It is no easy feat to pack an entire house with 3 small kids. Ayla and I were still sick and so she needed more attention than normal and that made it difficult to get things done. When I woke up on Saturday morning and came down after showereing and all that she had packed 3/4 of my kitchen and all my books and decorations from the living room. It gave me the push I need to get going. Until that point I had not packed anything. That's right it was the day of the move and I was completely unpacked. It was actually fun thought to know I didn't have to do it as well and cautiously as for a 2000 mile move so we just threw things in bags and open boxes and piled them in the cars. We moved the big stuff with the help of Brent's assistants husband and a U-haul and Hans helped us unload it. We still have a few things left to unbox and a few things left at the townhome but for the most part we are settled in. My mom left on Monday and over all it was rather great weekend. After all the dread, the move went rather smoothly.

We love our new nieghborhood. Next door is an 8 year old girl named Megan and she is my saving grace. She came over the first day and asked if she could play with the kids. Since then she has been over to play a few more times and everytime I say a little prayer of thanks for her. She brushes Sienna's hair and lets Sienna brush hers in return. She helps Hunter hunt for bugs and watches him show her all his stuff and listens to his stories. She helps Sienna ride her bike and uses a motherly tone when she tells them she has to go home now. I think everyone should have a Megan. The best part is she is free. She is just like a built in babysitter and I don't have to pay her and I can send her home anytime I want.

The rest of the neighbors are all very friendly as well and there are some 5 year old girls and a 2 year old boy 2 doors down and next to them a 5 year old boy and then at the end of the street are a bunch more kids that are often outside riding bikes. Hunter rides his bike every day after school and is getting braver each time.

We went to our new ward today and it seemed as though everyone was very friendly. There are 3 families in our same nieghborhood which I am excited about. Hunter told me he likes it better thatn our other ward. I am so relieved. I thought the change would be hard on them but once again they are resilient. We walked to church which I loved. It reminded me of Holliday and walking to church with Katie, Joy, Rach and her fam. It brings back good memories. We were lucky that Brent had forgotten to shut the den window last night because he also forgot to grab some keys when he shut the garage door. We had Hunter crawl through the window and open the door for us. He thought that was great fun.





So that is the jist of it. Our last few weeks in a lot more than a nut shell. Oh we also went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Brent and Hunter fed the giraffes some crackers. Sienna was too afraid. Notice in the pictures how her expression changes from fearful curiousity to "don't come any closer" to down right terror. There we also saw the baby wallabies and the baby gorilla. The baby gorilla's mom rejected it so a zoo worker has to hold the baby all day and they had knee pads on so they can walk around on there knees. It was very interesting and I think would be a fun job for a day or so. I have my own kids to tote around. Could you imagine doing it on your knees?





The pictures of Ayla and Hunter were taken on Aylas 6 month birthday. I can't believe she is so big now. She does the army crawl now and is getting pretty fast. She keeps us laughing and we can't keep from kissing her soft skin. She loves her "baba" and I am afraid will be just as attached to it as Sienna is to hers. The girls at the Y even noticed it and commented that she laughed when they gave it to her. My girls and thier blankies, so cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment