
Today was a very busy and mucky day. We had blue skies and wonderful weather which really made me appreciate not being in humid Ohio, but despite the clear sky we had water coming out our ears. Or at least it felt like it. Brent spent most of the day rerouting our sump pump(something that takes the water away from the foundation of our house)so that instead of dumping the water onto our lawn in takes it out to the curb. I am so glad that he knows how to do things like this because otherwise we would be living in a marsh. I wish I would have taken a picture of the project because it was a quite an undertaking. What a sight it was to see my perfectly weeded rock garden( I spent hours yesterday making sure the rocks and grass did not cross into each others boundaries)in an upheavel and the grass turned upside down and the pvc pipe going down the length of the driveway. I was quite impressed with Brent's handy work.
So anyway, Brent was covered in mud and had made several trips to Home Depot for this or that and had been dealing with the water all day. In the meantime I was inside trying to figure out where to start on our disaster of a house. Those of you that have heard me call my house a disaster before when a few things were out of place would laugh if you saw it now, because I am not exaggerating this time. I finally decided upon the laundry and after starting a load I tackled the kitchen. Well it was a good thing the kids had left thier kites out because as I was putting them in the hall closet I noticed the carpet was wet. At first I thought Sienna had had an accident and then I saw the laundry floor covered in water. Has anyone guessed yet. Yep. My washer flooded again. This is the third time in 3 months and I wanted to swear. No joke. The storage room was completely soaked and everything we kept in it. We had to completely empty it out and Brent rented a wet vac again. What a day. So needless to say my house is more of a wreck than it was this morning. Oh well at least I had a great excuse to not make the side dish I was supposed to take to the block party. Anything to get out of cooking, right?
So here is my question for anyone that reads this. What kind of washer should I buy? After Brent replacing 2 different parts on our 7 year old washer and renting the carpet cleaner twice at $25.00 each time we have spent about $150.00 bucks on the dang thing. We are going to cut our losses and start over. Any suggestions?
I have attached a picture of the mess in the laundry room. I don't know how well you will be able to make it out. Nuts, our life is a little nuts right now, or maybe it is just me. I feel like I might be getting that little twicth in the eye that Heidi and Holly always joke about.
No comments:
Post a Comment