9.20.2006

Nothing Much

Nothing much to report. Sienna has had a fever since we got home from church on Sunday. She threw up yesterday once but not since but for some reason the fever will not let up. She was miserable today. I held her most of the day in hopes of stopping the whining. I guess I will break down and take her to the doctor tomorrow if she isn't feeling any better. Strep has been going around so I really hope that isn't what she has.

We went up to the townhome today and got the very last of our stuff and cleaned. It was a strange feeling. We lived there less than 3 months but yet I was still attached. It really surprised me because I really was not that happy being there but yet it was such a nice new place and, yes, I get a kick out of anything that is clean. Seeing it so clean and sparkly reminded me of the night we drove in to Colorado and I went in to the home and unlocked the doors for the rest of my family. We all ran through the house checking out our new home. That was an exciting moment and today took me back to that beginning step of our new lives. Now lets just hope that it will sell quickly so that we can stop paying rent on it.

On the way home we got pulled over by a cop. I was driving the trailblazer and Brent was following me in the Rodeo. I didn't think I was going too fast but I guess the cop did. Brent pulled up behind the cop and when the cop came to my window I told him that that was my husband and he said, "Good, I was going to pull him over too." I couldn't believe it. He then asked me why we were in such a hurry and I told him I wanted to get my kids home to bed, which was true(and I need to change my pants that Ayla had soaked with spit up so it appeared as if I had peed my pants). Well then Sienna blurts out,"We are going to McDonald's". Which was also true. After we went home and I made myself presentable we told the kids they could get ice cream for helping us clean(all Sienna did was lay on the floor and beg me to hold her but hey she's sick so we gave her some slack). So anyway I was mortified. As the cop walked back to his car Hunter blurted out, "Why do you always get pulled over,Mom?" I was very grateful he didn't say that 20 seconds earlier and told them both not to talk while the cop was at the window which then got me a, "but that's lying". Oh boy. What a night. I then had to explain that I was at fault for speeding(to Brent and Hunter) and tell him that we weren't going to lie. If the cop asked me if I had been pulled over and given a warning 2 months prior then I would tell him yes, but I was not going to volunteer this information. Well, we lucked out. Niether one of us got a ticket and in fact the cop joked about how his girlfriend says that women are the leaders so I need to slow down so that Brent will since he was trying to keep up with me. He does have point there. Us women do set the pace don't we.



Brent painted my kitchen for me over the weekend. It was our second attempt at yellow and here is the finished result. It looks a little different in natural light but you get the idea. It was very clean and orderly yesterday but as I said all I did today was hold Sienna and attempt to make a dent in the mail that has been accumulating since the move, so ignore the dishes in the sink. I am pleased with the end result. I was going for something a little paler but this "Beverly Hills" is very happy and sunny, a good thing for a kitchen I think. And besides Brent says he isn't doing it again so I had better be happy with it. He is all ready to do the family room so I don't want to wear him out before he gets to the rest of the house. I am so glad he enjoys this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment