8.22.2006

We finally went camping!






After all summer of trying to find a time to go camping with the Egberts(my cousin) we finally found a weekend to go. It was Hunter's birthday but we decided to go anyway and just celebrate up there. Well the Egbert's bailed out but we went anyway even though the weather looked more than iffy. Brent had the car packed by the time I had Hunter home from school and we were off. Hunter could hardly contain his excitement and Brent was right there along with them. We went to the most beautiful campground called Eleven Mile. It followed a river the whole way up the canyon. I can now say I see why the mountains here are called the rockies. It looked exactly like big boulders piled on top of each other with trees growing on them. We drove through 3 amazing tunnels carved out of the rocky mountains and the kids loved it.

It did rain as we were setting the tent up. We were lucky to find some wood at another campground and our fire pit still smoking since Brent forgot matches(that and pillows, but whos to complain when I didn't have to pack at all) so we were lucky to get a fire going to make our tinfoil dinners which, again thanks to Brent, were delicious.

Hunter was hilarious. He ran around chasing bunnies and climbing up the rocks even in the rain. I don't think he stopped smiling. He woke up on Saturday asking for his present. We let him get it out of the car and he was so excited to find what he had wanted, a remote control jeep. He had a blast driving all around the "jeep terrain" and was so responsible with it. I think he had a great birthday. We went to dinner that night and then came home and had cake and opened the rest of his presents. He got a guitar and a magnetic hummer that is kind of like a puzzle model car. He was pretty excited about the guitar because he has wanted one since he saw Kinnon's over a year ago. I am excited for him to start learning to play it. Hopefully piano lessons will soon follow. He also got fun dinosaur stuff from Nana and Papa and a sketch book from Nana and Papa Great. Now Sienna keeps telling us that she is almost 3 and Hunter informed me today that he is tired of hearing her say it. How can you blame her when she saw what a great day "Hunter Brother" had.

Brent and Hunter also went fishing while I read my book and the girls napped. Hunter was beaming when he told me he caught a rainbow trout on his first cast and reeled it in all by himself. He caught two others as well.

It was a "grand"(I miss you Heidi) weekend and one we truely needed after all the stress we have had lately. It was a great way to wrap up the summer and actually was really nice to just have time together as our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment