

School started on Thursday. Hunter absolutely loved it. I am so happy with my choice of schools and I am glad he is all day just so he could get the teacher he got. She is fantastic. I took Hunter in with Sienna and Ayla in tow and he hung up his bag and then the kids all sat on thier colored tape lines(they match the table color that the kids sit at, Hunter's is brown) on the floor and Mrs. Stautz read them the cutest book.
I wish I could remember the name of it. It was called Hand kisses or something like that but cuter and the little raccoon didn't want his mom to leave and so she told him she would give him a hand kiss and then closed his hand around it so he wouldn't lose it. Mrs. Stautz then told the kids to go give their parents hand kisses and say goodbye. Hunter came to me with that big, shy smile he gets and gave my palm a kiss and then I gave him one and he was off to sit at the brown table. I wasn't as ready to let go and got all teary eyed and went and gave him a hug. He looked at me as if I was wierd and couldn't figure out why I was so emotional. Honestly I don't know why I was emotional either, I have done this all before. I guess this feels more real, more permanent. Well, anyway, kindergarten with Mrs. Stautz was a big hit and he had wonderful things to tell me when I picked him up. The funniest to me was that he said that it was easy and that all they did was play. He said, "I don't even have any homework." It almost sounded as if he was complaining when he said it and when I asked if he wan't some he quickly replied, "NO". They also have a 15 minute quiet time while the teacher reads a story and they sit on thier own towels. Hunter didn't have one the first day so he got to sit on the, "big, orange, puffy", beanbag and he told me that that was okay if I don't get him a towel right away because he likes to sit in it.
Today is day 4 and he still loves it. I think that is a great sign and he even made a friend yesterday. It is great to see him so happy. His confidence seems to go up so much when he is in school and he is such a big helper with the girls in the mornings. I am starting to think year round school wouldn't be so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment