8.09.2006

Our Summer

So I thought I would write tonight about what we have been up to since we moved here and give a little update.

Our move started out a bit rough with no one to help move us in but us and Travis Probst and a YM from his ward(which we were very grateful for). We did it however. Most of my stuff was scratched or beat up, in fact everything was except for Brent's black leather chair that I am not so fond of. It was disheartening. Our washer broke in the move and flooded the kitchen and basement twice until Grandpa Morrill told Brent how to fix it which he did for 60 bucks. I was glad we didn't have to pay the repair man 50$ just to look at it. After all that was taken care of life settled down a bit.

We were very pleased with the townhome we are renting. We got unpacked quickly despite Brent going right to work after we got back from our week trip to Utah. We like the ward and how friendly they are but it is lacking in the kids area which has made summer hard for the kids with no kids nearby.

We have done some fun things here such as going to the pool in the springs with Michelle, going to the resevoir, farmers market, library day at the park with Angie and story times at the library where the kids saw mother goose and another day, llamas and allpeccas. The kids took swim lessons and Hunter moved on to level. I was so proud of him overcoming his fear of the water. Last time we went swimming he even put his head under the water(anyone that has been swimming with us knows what an accomplishment this is for him). He will dive for pennies and swim to me under water now and all without expecting the "Swim Fairy" to leave him something like last year. Sienna however has been a different story. At her first lesson she didn't want me to hold her or help her so they let me move her up to the class by herself. She did great the next 2 lessons but the last 3 she wouldn't even get in the water. When we went swimming one day she dunked herself and swallowed a bit of water and I think that scared her. We went swimming last Saturday and she did great so maybe she just wasn't ready for a teacher.

This summer has also consisted of potty training which we had started before we moved. She did great in Ohio for 2 weeks and then lost interest so I stopped. After getting back from Utah we tried again and she has done great. She stays dry at night, during naps and has been dry with no accidents since Saturday. It is very seldom that she does have an accident and I have stopped reminding her, allowing her to tell me. It has been so great. So know Brent wants to get a dog. I just laughed since he is at work from 8 to 5 and I know who would be potty trainging the puppy. The idea of a snuggly puppy is tempting though.

Ayla has grown so much. She rolls over, laughs, squeals, and grabs for everything in sight. She is so happy and I just love her smile. She has slept through the night since 5 weeks. Lately she will still be asleep at 8:30 in the morning and I will wake her to feed her. It is wonderful. I took her to her four month baby well checkup on Monday even though she just turned 5 months(we were waiting on insurance) and she weighs 14.10lbs and is 27 inches long which puts her in the 95th percentile for height and 50th for weight. I am not used to having such a tall baby. She is still chunky in her cheeks(which giggle when I burp her) and thighs. I love it.


Brent finally closed on the practice on the 25th of July, 25 days later than we had planned. It was very frustrating to wait for his license to arrive but we were glad it didn't take as long as they told us it might. Brent has loved working for himself and the ladies at the office have been terrific and made the transition very smooth. None of the patients have left the practice so far which is a good sign. We had an open house for Dr. T last week so that everyone could say goodbye and meet Brent. Over a hundred people showed up which surprised Dr. T. I think it meant a lot to him to see people that had been his patients for 30 years really cared enough to come, most of them bearing cards. It was nice for me to meet some of the community. It is a very friendly community, but it cemmented my decision not to send Hunter to school here. So many people told me bad things about it that it is an easy decision to go to the springs for school.

So this is a very long update but I also wanted to mention that B's G&G came to visit the last week in July and we had so much fun with them. They came with thier car loaded with gifts such as a desk for Hunter, play dough, school and art supplies and best of all peaches, not just any peaches, Brigham City peaches. Ohhh are they good. We went to the North Pole with them which is a Christmas Themed kids amusement park about 15 minutes down the caynon from us. The kids had a blast on all the rides and Sienna wasn't even afraid of Santa Claus. We went to dinner with them and the kids has "sleepovers" with them in the basement, a big treat. It was a great time with our first visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment