10.08.2009

Women's Weekend


I was able to go to Utah all by my lonesome to have me some time with my sister's, sister-in-laws, and mother and mother-in-law. All my women. We went to Utah as a family last year about canning time and I showed Jen and Katie how to do peaches and since we had such a great time Katie called me and asked me to come again. I was so happy to find a cheap ticket and to be able to really make it happen(minus Jen:() So it is now our tradition.

There is something so great about being provident. It seems the spirit is nearer and it brings us closer to each other to be working and doing something so productive together. And I love the finished product!

Friday morning I flew into Salt Lake. Amber brought me and Katie some Brigham City peaches(the best) and we ended up with 72 quarts between the 3 of us and a whole box left. Mom came to Katie's and chatted with us and the babies. Gena met us and we went to wonderful Thaiphoon for dinner. Then it was off to Brigham City. We slept at the Morrill's so we could get an early start the next morning.

And that we did. Gaylene and Kelly were so nice to let us use their house, amazing set up and expertise. They even bought all the stuff in advance from the fruit stand and after all of our hard work we ended up with tons(96 Quarts) of the unbeatable Morrelli Salsa(and some Tomato juice).

It just so happened that I would be there over Women's conference weekend and it was the perfect way to end the weekend. Gaylene's ward had dinner before hand, so after being around food all day we didn't have to prepare anything. It was great. I loved the talks and the spirit that was present and by sitting by people so dear to me. I was motivated to do more, serve more, and enjoy life more. Be more.

We ended the night at Peach City. I ordered my favorite Lemon Custard shake(I know you are jealous, Am) and was in heaven as we shared experiences and laughed. Wonderful Women, Laughter and ice cream. Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, I had a great time at Women's Conference and Peach City, and was glad I could share it with you and the rest of the girls. I love all your pictures and reading about what's going on in your lives. Keep it up, you're amazing!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete