Just had to show all that Amber and I made with our killer bottling skills.
We spent two days making applesauce and pie filling while the boys pounded away on the new roof. We had a blast doing it together, even when the cornstarch wouldn't mix in and we had to strain it out. I should have taken a picture of that. In spite of that little mishap, the filling turned out delicious and everyone loves the applesauce. I love that it is sugar free and knowing that all that is in it is apples and cinnamon. I will say yes to Ayla as many times as she asks for it, which is usually at least 3 a day. I have so many apples left(I bought 120 pounds at Sunflower market for only 49 cents a pound. Who could beat that? And everyone knows I can't pass up a good deal!) so I ordered a cheap dehydrator and can't wait to make apple chips.
I AM SO IMPRESSED!!! AND JEALOUS TOO!! (Between the apples, peaches, & tomatoes.) Your food storage is the best I have seen yet!
ReplyDeleteI love Ayla's hair, and love to see her in Avery's old jacket.
K, I am also SO IMPRESSED! I wish I lived closer so I could join in on the fun! :(
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome!!!! I need to follow suit and get in gear.
ReplyDelete