10.08.2009

A little love and support



The Sunday I came home from Utah was an interesting one. I was sad to miss the kids Primary Program, but at least Brent was there to see it. Amber and Eric and fam were "racing" me to my house. They left in their truck, trailer in tow before I boarded my plane. We knew that I would arrive way before they did but we had no idea that they would encounter what they did. Brent got a message from Eric saying that a guy(nicer words than Eric's) had swung out in front of them in an attempt to do a u-turn to avoid the traffic jam. Well there was no way Eric could slow down in time since he was going 60 and towing a trailer full of shingles for our roof that weighed a good 10 thousand pounds. The guy was also towing a camper trailer and so Eric, quickly decided it was the truck, the trailer or off the mountain so he made the correct choice and plowed into the trailer. The man had the gall to get out of his truck and say, "Didn't you see me?" Well yeah, but that doesn't mean he could have stopped at a moments notice on a two lane 65 mile highway when some_____ ___ decides to cut in front and cross a double yellow line just because he feels like it. There were pieces of trailer all over the road. Both lanes were shut down and most likely the Eric's truck and trailer are totaled. The good news is that all three boys in the back were unharmed as were Eric and Amber and those in the other truck. What a blessing, really. They ended up having to get two rental trucks, a rental trailer, a hotel, switch over all the shingles, clear out the truck and say goodbye to it before they were able to make it to our house for a record time of 30 hours. Ridiculous. It cost them a day of work and a ton of headaches, phone calls, money and who knows what else. Well, guys. We love you and are sooo glad you are safe and that things worked out. We had a great week with you. Thanks for trek in took to make it happen!

Anyway, after the news and the stress of worrying about them I got a really bad migraine. My vision went and told the girls I couldn't help them because I couldn't see. Later, when I told Sienna that they were going to be later than we thought and the reason she said, "We are going to have to be real careful and quiet, huh?" I answered that they weren't hurt and she said, "Oh good so they aren't bloody and they can walk and see?" "Yes", I said, "they can walk and see." It was so sweet that she was worried about them and so willing to do whatever it took to help them and a little funny that she thought I might be contagious or something.

I layed on the couch and was pretty much no good from 6 on. I woke up at about 9 to go get in bed and found this beside me. Brent had told the girls to go get ready for bed and then tucked them in, but they must have snuck down to be by me. It melted my heart to see them there with their little pillow beds and babas, just wanting to be near me. I am so glad for my girls. I love them and love that they need me.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your family is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad no one was hurt. That sounded so scary!!!!

    ReplyDelete