So mostly I just played with it so you can play around and find the format that works for you. I really like the white background because I like the way it makes the pictures stand out and do the talking but I thought I would try a cute background for once and I am not sure how I feel about it. I got mine off of aquapoppydesigns and there is a link on the left top corner of my blog. I played around with the 3 column ones until I found one that looked good with my wider body(that sounds funny). I love the one with the birds and the red and green and the white background but the birds cut too far into the main body to work for my layout.
So to make the body wider go to layout then edit html. From there scroll down to outer wrapper and you can change the #s to whatever you want. you can preview your changes with out saving them so you can get it perfect without a ton of hassle. I had to make mine a bit narrower and my sidebar and main body are very close to each other now since I added the background so this is the configuration I have now.
/* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 875px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:$startSide; font: $bodyfont; } #main-wrapper { width: 675px; float: $startSide; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 190px; float: $endSide; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ }
You can change these numbers and therefore change the layout. Good luck!
Thanks for doing this! My problem is now I can't figure out how to stretch the scrapbook design part wider to accomomdate the text. If you'll check my blog, you'll see what I mean. The side scrapbook parts are still too wide. Do you know how to make them thinner? Thank you Laurie!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am impressed that you thought of showing the outer wrapper info, that is cool. I love the new look, aquapoppy has tons of cute background, I hadn't seen this one though. I LOVE IT. I am sad we never got to go to water world it looks like such a fun place. Are the kids loving the swing set? We could have had the kids entertained all evening while we played Ticket to Ride if you would have had it a few months earlier. We miss you... Avery started crying for Sienna yesterday. Who would have thought! I love you.
ReplyDeleteKirsten,
ReplyDeleteI noticed your sides are wider and i am not sure if that is just the design you chose or if you can go in and adjust the side wrappers. The 2 column designs have wider sides did you make sure to choose the 3 column format from aquapoppy?
Good luck!
Amy,
ReplyDeleteI wish you could have come to Water World too. We will have to go to the new water park in Ohio sometime with you.
I can't believe Avery was crying for Sienna. It has been fun to watch their relationship grow and change. Sienna talks about you guys all the time and yesterday Ayla joked that my name was Mamy. I am glad she still thinks about you guys too.