9.19.2008

Shout out to the Morrills(Perry Chapter)

So I needed a whole separate post to thank Amber and Eric. When they came out for the Baptism(as if that support wasn't enough)they also did several other things for us that we really owe them for.

Amber drove to Bountiful, the night before they left, to pick up all the pictures I ordered from Aunt Holly(thanks Holly, they turned out great and here you can see where I put them). She told me it was okay because she had to go to Layton anyway for something. I found out later that that something was a balloon making kit to give to Hunter for his birthday. Did I mention that they are super generous?

Amber also called and convinced me(she had heard that I told Grandma I was too stressed and not going to do it) that I could jar peaches while everyone was here and that she would bring the peaches(thank you grandma-there is nothing better than Brigham City Peaches)for me and also help me do it. She brought her moms pressure cooker, printed out the instructions and orchestrated the whole process. The 24 bottles turned out beautifully and I am definitely indebted to her for helping me preserve my favorite fruit.

Amber also watched my kids while I went to my previously scheduled hair appointment and didn't complain about playing with the kids at all.

Eric helped Brent lay curbing in our yard even though he had hardly slept all week and the altitude was getting to him. They did such a great job and we have had so many people compliment their work. It makes our yard seem more finished.

Eric also used his expertise to show and help Brent how to put Crown Moulding up in our Family Room and kitchen. It looks so nice. I am always impressed with what a great job Eric does. He is fast, thorough, and precise.

We are so blessed to have all of our family as a part of what makes life great. We love you all, and appreciate all that each of you do for us. Eric and Amber we hope to be able to repay the favorS. We love you two and your cute boys. It was great having you here!

10 comments:

  1. Laurie! Hey how are you? I haven't been on in a little while! Your home is beautiful as always. I love everything and I may have to refer to your home when it comes to decorating in a couple of years! ;-)

    I also love your family pictures. They are so cute and everyone is growing up so fast!! BTW, where did you find the jean dresses for the girls? We are doing the white/jean theme for our fall pictures and I have looked everywhere for denim dresses and can't find them. They are so cute!

    Hope you guys are doing well! Enjoy your peaches...we just bottled some last night too!
    Love, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks amazing! I am in need of some major help so if you guys are ever in the area! I also am so impressed at the peaches! I know how good those brigham peaches are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten, I just realized I never posted pictures for you when you asked last Christmas...Sorry! The denim dresses the girls are wearing are from last year from Gap. I got Sienna the one she is wearing in the blessing post from the Gap outlet about a month ago so you may be able to find that one somewhere. I like to look at Old Navy online because they sometimes have stuff that you can't find in the store. Good Luck with your quest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lezlee,

    We need to get together! Next time you are in Denver let me know, I will meet you there. We want to plan a trip for fall to see the leaves. Want to come? Any ideas of good places to go in Colorado?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crown molding!! It just finishes a room. It looks really pretty in your kitchen area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks sooo great. I love the pics holly took, I didnt see the ones in the parlor before I left so I am glad you took that pic so I could see! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly your house looks even prettier than before... but not as pretty as you! Your hair is awesome. The baptism and blessings sound so great. I can't believe Hunter is 8. Thanks for the announcement. That was so cute! Also, great pics on your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie everything turned out so darling! I can't believe all the projects you got done in such short time!

    It was fun to come a be a part of it for awhile. You are really lucky... you have such a neat family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not been too good at checking blogs lately. Holy cow! I have sure missed a lot of happenings in the Morrill family. Looks like you have had a good summer and a great start of the new school year. Spencer will be out in Colorado interviewing tomorrow thru Saturday. Maybe he needs to stop and say hi. Miss you guys!

    PS Love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea! I loved that weekend and would go back to it most:) days. We do have the best family ever and it is so great that we can be there for each other when we are need. Never suprized but always touched by how much you guys do for us!

    Love Amber

    ReplyDelete