9.12.2008

Elsie's Blessing Day




























Elsie was blessed the same weekend that Hunter was baptized so that we could maximize our use of all the family here. It was nothing stress wise in comparison to the baptism and so it was very nice and restful. Sacrament Meeting was a great meeting. Some good friends of ours had a busy weekend as well as they prepared to send their oldest on his mission. So we had Hunter's confirmation, Elsie's blessing and then then Jeff Marlor's farewell talk. It was so spiritual and uplifting to see the different stages and ordinances that we go through in life as we follow God's plan for us on earth. It was a very touching meeting for me to see my husband use his priesthood power and bless our children. It seems to make my love for him grow stronger each time we bless a new child.

We went to the park by our house later that day after church and the kids had a great time with their cousins. I had fun playing with my camera in manual and Jen, Katie, and I took some walks in the trails by the park and talked. It was so good to have some sister time! We need to find a way to get that more often.














6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures! I am glad I could be there to see Hunter get baptized. Thanks for the fun night tonight, going to dinner. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures. you look so pretty Laurie. Your happiness radiates from your smile. Glad that things can slow down for you for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pics, too! You're all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blessing and a baptism at the same time -you are ambitious! But I would do the same to have family there. The blessing pictures are adorable - well so are the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so RIGHT! We need a lot more sister time! I had fun so thanks for letting Zach and I come and crash for awhile! I will treasure it always...

    I love the pics! Well... except for one of them!!! Ha/Ha

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, you both look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete