12.22.2009

What's that smell?

Well, this post combines two things I have wanted to post about and one of those things is the reason I have been slacking on my blogging lately.

I took the NUT program at Core Power Yoga. It was a weekend long Nutrition Intensive that talked about blood type, adrenal glands, Raw food and other types of eating. It also included a Biomedic analysis and 3 weeks of followup meetings and guest speakers and LOTS of yoga. And during that time we did a cleanse with Metagenix product and guidelines in order to find out what foods trigger bad reactions for me. It was such a great program and would love to do it again. I learned so much about myself(that I have more willpower than I ever thought) and about better choices and fun new recipes.

So one of the guidelines for the food we could eat during the 3 weeks of this was that if we threw it in the backseat of our car and then checked it a few days later it would not be good anymore. So basically no preservitives. No boxed, canned or processesed food among lots of other restrictions. But this was the one we laughed about.

So I had a bag full of sugar snap peas, celery and cucumbers in my purse to take to Melanie's one night that she had invited us over for Birthday cake. I took it so I could have something to eat even though I had dreamt that she made an Almond cake. I had never heard of such a cake but everything I could eat seemed to revolve around Almonds, raw almonds, almond butter, almond milk, ect. So in my subconscious it must have seemed okay to have almond cake. Well we got there and guess what she had made. Yep. An almond cake. Weird.

Anyway, I carried that bag of green stuff with me where ever I went that week. Along with almonds of course.

A few weeks went by and every time we got in the car someone would say. "What stinks? Can you smell that? What is that?" It went on for quite a while and we could never figure it out. We cleaned the car and took out my sweaty yogi toes and washed what we could find. It still would stink every time I got in the car.

So one night I grabbed my purse that I hadn't used in a while and headed off for yoga and then Albertson's. I felt like my purse was leaking on me and I though maybe my Nalgene was leaking inside of that from the day before. Oh no, since it had cranberry juice in it. I checked it. Nope. But the bottom of my canvas bag was definitely wetter than my sweatiness could account for. I started digging inside while driving to the store and pulled my hand out from the slime I was feeling on my wallet. Finally parked I started to investigate further. I pulled out a ziplock bag full of who knows what. It dripped and stunk and felt disgusting. I could not figure out what on earth it was. And then it hit me that it must have been my veggies from weeks ago. And then I knew that it must have been the smell in the car. I took that bag with me whenever we went somewhere. How embarrassing that I must have smelled like that where ever I went. I would have taken a picture of it but I could not wait to throw it away and wash my hands. My only comfort was that I followed the guidelines for NUT. This was definitely not good after being left out for weeks.

I felt great during my cleanse and had so much more energy. My skin looked great. I was nicer and I was able to get up in the mornings and be efficient. It has been a wonderful experience. And the best part is that I feel great that I am doing something proactive about my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment