12.22.2009

Sienna is Six

Sienna has wanted to get her ears pierced for quite a while and I am so proud of her that she earned it by not sucking her thumb for two weeks straight preceding her birthday. It was hard for her but well worth it the effort.
She was so brave when she got them pierced even though she knew it would hurt. She didn't cry. She didn't even wince. She has loved showing them off. To everyone.
After going to Piercing Pagoda we then took the kids to Build-A-Bear. Since Sienna wasn't having a friend party this year we told each of the kids that they could pick an animal. Sienna chose a dog, Ayla a pink bear, and Hunter opted for a Bakugan instead.
And then it was off to Chuck E. Cheese. I do NOT love that place and we were not going to go but at the last minute decided it was easier than going home and finding something for dinner. this has been what we have done for the last 3 years for Sienna's Birthday and she LOVES that place. When we pulled up there instead of home the kids were ecstatic. We had a great time but it wasn't the same without the Elmores there to celebrate with us and we felt their absence.

And then the next day we had the Egberts and Conleys over for Dessert. Sienna loves playing gymnastics with their girls and we love having them nearby.
For Sschool I took Krispie Kreams in to the class since I realized I was out of eggs and milk to make the cookies I had started. The kids loved them. Sienna could not be happier with her Kindergarten teacher, Miss Kardel.

We love our Sienna girl. She makes us smile, and laugh. She makes me happy. I love to think of how much she has changed this year. She has really grown up. She has learned to read. She has tried, practiced, and excelled in gymnastics and piano. She is very loving and helpful with Elsie. She knows who she is and is not afraid to say what she thinks or feels or believes. She loves drawing, sharing, giving, reading, being with her brother(no matter what he is doing) and she loves learning new things. She is our family girl and just wants to be with her family. She misses our Utah family the most and the Elmores and is always talking about them and wishing and hoping that she can see them. She says excellent prayers. She is very intuitive and knows what others need and is not hesitant to give it. I love her caring heart. I want to be more like her. She is my sunshine girl. She makes me so happy. I miss her when she is at school for so long. Sienna, I love you. Thank you for teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment