8.13.2009

Sienna made the choice to donate her hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
Today was the big day she has been anxiously awaiting.
Here she is with her waist long hair that doesn't look that great in the picture,due to drying in bed last night after her bath.

And here she is at the salon waiting for her appointment.
She was almost coming out of her skin, she was so excited.

I had talked to her about holding still and she did such a good job from beginning to end. Kristen kept commenting on how still she was, but I think she looks a little nervous don't you?
No turning back now!
You only need 8 inches to donate but since Kristen didn't have a ruler she used a piece of paper to measure by. I was a little nervous about this since if it is not long enough they can't use it. She was a little generous in her measuring, however because it ended up being closer to 10 inches!
Sienna and I went to Good Times for Frozen Custard afterwards to celebrate her good choice in helping others. I was so proud of her for giving something of herself(literally) to help someone in need. She felt great about it and said, "It was fun and I got to get my hair cut!" She really likes how it flips up at the ends and she commented that she, Ayla, and I all have the same hair length now.

This is how she feels about it!

I wasn't sure how I would like it. Her hair has been her trademark since she was born. I have been apprehensive but since it needed a cut anyway I thought what is a few more inches and so I gave Sienna the option and she chose this. Way to go Sienna for making a good choice! I love it and think you look older and ready for Kindergarten.
I love this little girl. We could not stop smiling at each other on our Mommy date.

8 comments:

  1. so cute!!! I haven't blogged as much lately and I can't believe how much she has grown up in the last year!! Darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks SO CUTE! I love her new hair cut and as lame as I am I got teary eyed looking at those pictures because Siennas hair really has always been her little "signature piece". This makes me want to let Claires hair grow out that much and then let her cut it. I think that is such a neat thing for Sienna to do and learn about giving to others.

    Good job Sienna. I'm sure your dad is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sienna - Way to go!!! You look beautiful and whoever gets your hair will look beautiful too! You inspired me today to be a better person! Thank you
    Aunt Allie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending me an updated invite. Your little girl is so beautiful. Love her green eyes Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last comment was Kelly Stewart (for some reason I come up as Sam.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So CUTE Sienna! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her hair cut!!! So cute!

    I am with you on the older thing. I was so scared to cut Sami's. She had been begging me forever and I just couldn't bring myself to do it, but now that it's cut I just love it and think she looks so old and darling and Sienna is positevly beaming! It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete