8.25.2009

7 Peaks




July 13, 2009

I have not been ready to post about this day but I don't want to forget it so here it is.

While on our "playcation" to Utah this summer we went to Seven Peaks with Brady's, Jenn's and Katie's families. It was so great to get all of us together. That night we went to Brett's house where my mom joined us and we had a delicious BBQ.

While we were at the water park however we had a terrible scare. I took Ayla and Aspen to the top of the slide on one side of the kids play area and then went to the other side where the rest of the adults were and watched for her to come down. The way the place is set up is terrible. To one side of the kids pool is the lazy river and all that seperates it is a rope about 3 and half feet off the ground. Any toddler could walk right under it and into the swift water. My other complaint is that you can't see your kids from one spot. There are several slides at the top that feed down to different sides of pool so they could be behind one part of the mini mountain and you wouldn't/coulnd't see them. When we go to WaterWorld I can camp out on the side with Elsie and watch Ayla go anywhere and she is visible no matter where she goes. So I keep waiting for Ayla to appear at the top of the slide to go down again and after seeing Aspen several times and no Ayla, I start looking for her. My casual walks around do me no good and soon I am telling the other adults that I can't see her and they too are searching. As the seconds tick by I am getting more and more frantic. I walked along the lazy river, around the kid area and back several times before I decide to go wait by the front gates so that no ones leaves with her. My heart is racing and my mind is going as fast as it can to think. As I walk to the gates Brent tells me to go wait by them. We think the same. As I am walking that way I instead go toward the Aid station to ask if they can not let anyone through and make an annoucement. As I am about to speak I turn my head and there stands Ayla. She instantly started crying as I hoisted her up and gave her the biggest hug. I didn't want to let her go. The guard tells me that a lady found her in the Wave pool and my heart drops. Then she tells me she didn't pull her out or anything she just looked like she wasn't with anyone so she took her to the station. Ohhh. Thank you to that mother that was looking out for my baby. Then the guard asked me how old she was and when I told her 3 she said, "Oh, I knew it. She told us she was 6." And of course I laugh like only Ayla can make me do.

I took her over to where everyone was still searching and found Brent and he took her into his arms and held her tightly. I don't know what either of us would do with out her in our family.
Even if she threw a big fit when we left because she didn't want to put her shoes on. Even her fits make me laugh. My video of it is too large. I need to figure out how to edit it. Oh how we love her!

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun but scary day. I will never forget that sinking, horrific feeling I felt as I searched for her. I kept thinking, how could anyone go on. But oh how happy we were all to see her. That day made me realize how everyday, even if a bad day is really a great day if all our kids are tucked safely in bed.

    ReplyDelete