8.22.2008

Flashback Friday

May 17th, 2005
This picture was taken only a few weeks before our great friends, the Schwartz', moved to Las Vegas(Henderson), Nevada. As I was looking for pictures of our kids together, I was surprised at how few I actually have compared to the amount of time we spent together. In Ohio we lived right next door to the Schwartz', in fact we shared a porch. Britain and I were visiting teaching companions, Hunter and Payton were in joy school together and then preschool at Dublin community together. We would carpool to school and do lunch dates a few times a week. Britain and I would alternate watching the little ones, Ryan and Sienna, while the other one drove the preschoolers and ran errands. It was such a great time in our lives and we were really sad to see them leave a year before we left to face the real world. I am so grateful for Britain and her example to me and my kids. She always is so organized, focused, calm, and attentive. These are all things I need to be better at or want to be better at. She is super smart to boot. She was accepted to Law School in Vegas and yet had to take a step back and wait since her kids needed her. Oh and yeah she is very unselfish, very giving. Yeah so I really would like to live by her again because I really benefited from the parenting advice she would find in the books she was reading and she was a great friend who would listen and give advice on my parenting woes.

Well lucky me, because I got to live by her for three years and then July 17th I got to see her again and catch up after 3 years of not seeing her. Has that much time really gone by? She was in town visiting her sister who lives in Woodland Park of all places. Britain I sure do miss you and I can't believe how easy and natural it felt to be fixing lunch together again as we chatted away as the kids played. Thanks for your friendship and for fitting me into your trip!
















I sure didn't get enough pictures and wish I would have taken some while we were doing all that photography talk. It was fun to see the differences in the kids and that Payton and Sienna were more interested in one another and Hunter and Ryan hit it off. They are to the age where gender matters more than age. It makes me glad they didn't care so much back then:)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Laurie. You do a great job of making me sound so good in writing. When I do go back to law school I will have you write one of my letters of recommendation.

    And I love your idea of doing flashback posts on Friday. I may have to steal it.

    We miss you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete