We went to Bear Lake the end of July. We went with Katie and Nate and their kids and stayed at my aunt Heidi and uncle Dave's cabin. It was so great to have a little vacation with family and the kids loved having sleepovers with cousins and then getting to play all day long. We played in the sand, tubed, skied, wake boarded(some of us), played in the sand and got sunburned(some of us). We ate Raspberry shakes on our way out and had raspberry ice cream once the kids were in bed one night. It was so nice to be able to stay up late and talk. I love that cabin. It feels as if we are in a whole different world when I am there and as if life is simple, safe and good. I love that feeling of familiarity.
Elsie slept the days away and was great on the boat. Ayla has the least amount of fear out of any of my kids. She sat in the tube during one of Katie and Nate's "mandatory frolics" when they stop the boat and require everyone to jump out and swim. She looked at Brent and said, "Daaddyyyy?!!" and then slipped one leg and then the other over the edge of the tube and fell right into the water. Katie and I swam toward her as fast as we could. Luckily she had her life jacket on and Katie made it to her just in time. She went back in the tube just to jump right back into the water. She is such character. The kids got along so well. I hope we can do it again next year because it was such a great trip. Thanks Kate and Nate for sharing your boat and for making such great memories with us, and to Heidi and Dave and the Killpacks for the use of your cabin! We love ya!


No comments:
Post a Comment