Laurie
Thursday morning I loaded up the kids and went to visit the Morrills (all but Brent, who was at work) for lunch at their home.
I met Laurie after our first year of dental school when they came to look at our apartment to see if they wanted to live in the Westborough complex. Little did I know that we were going to be neighbors sharing a wall for the next three years. I could not have been more lucky to have had such a great neighbor and a great friend. We traded babysitting every Friday night, carpooled to preschool, went on stroller walks, took the kids on fun outings, spent late nights watching Gilmore Girls or playing Settlers, and helping to relieve each other on those hard days. Almost any fun thing I did while Nate was at school, Laurie was there. In fact, I think I got so used to having her at my disposal, it took some adjusting when I moved into a real house without the Morrills next door.
The kids still ask when we are going to move back. Here they are picking up right where they left off. Hunter is really into origami right now, and they were seeing how high they could make his creations fly using his fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment