Naming babies has never been easy for us. We do not agree on very many names and I am very indecisive, especially when it is such Huge decision. I feel overwhelmed at the responsibility to give our child a name that she will carry with her for her entire life.
So anyone that has some good suggestions Please comment. We need your help.
What is it about Macey that has so many people voting for it? What made YOU choose it. Can you see an adult named Macey? Brent loves it. I am not so sure.
I really like Addison. Brent hates Addi and doesn't really like Addison.
We both really like Sarah but for some reason the plainness and popularity of it makes me hesitate and yet the simplicity of it is what I like.
I love Elsie and it is probably still my first pick. I thought of it while in Hawaii and it was hard for me to think of the baby as anything else for about a month until I started talking to people about it and got weird reactions. I am too easily influenced by others, I know. Again can you see an adult, 30 -40 named Elsie? Many people think it is an old lady name but so is Ava which is what led us to Ayla and I think that once people see a cute little girl named Elsie then it won't seem so old fashioned any more. But what about the cow? I guess there is a commercial from a long time ago that had a mascot cow named Elsie. So older generations associate it with that. Who knows.
Our new names we have talked about are Holland(which Brent really likes) and I do but not the nickname Holli. I really like London but Brent thinks it is too masculine.
We still like Aubrey which is a name we considered with Sienna and then Ayla, but it just didn't seem right. I am really liking it again now. It seems not too common but definitely feminine.
We ( okay so I)really want to use the middle name Jayne. All of our kids have J middle names and I would like to keep the tradition. Both sides of our family lines have a Jane, just like James and JoAnn are both from 2 different ancestors.
So any help you may have would be greatly appreciated!! PLEASE help us.
I think Elsie Jayne would be adorable. I can see it on a girl at any age.
ReplyDeleteAddison is cute but not my favorite of all of your names.
I think Sarah is pretty popular but a simple pretty name.
I'm not a fan of Holland.
I like London. I don't think it's too masculine but I've know 2 Londons (girls).
I like Aubrey but be ready for everyone to call her Audrey.
I know it is so hard! You've done a great job in the past, usually at the hospital. :-) Good luck through these last 2 tough months.
Having a country for a name I am not a huge fan of place names. I really like Sarah a ton. If you are using Jayne for a middle name, I like first names that don't end with a hard sound like a D or an N. Elsie and Macey are good. Your first two girls have great names; I am sure you will have a perfect name for your little girl by the time she comes. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI really love the name Elsie. I didn't vote for it on your little poll because I love it to much and didn't want you to name your little girl that so I could, but if you do pick that name I totally would not care and at least there can be one in the family. I also really really like Sara because it is just a classic soft name. Everybody knows a Sara but it has never become like a Jessica name where there are thousands of them everywhere. Plus Sara Jayne is way cute together. Good luck it is always stressful naming a kid. And remember, something will fit when she is born. Kids kindof name themselves when you see them.
ReplyDeleteLaur.. You are so cute. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with This...
ReplyDeleteI think when you hold her for the first time it she'll let you know what name feels right.
with that said... my opinion is I like London Jayne and Elsie Jayne.
I know a bunch of London's that are girls and it's so darling.
Elise is sooo cute and it goes really well with Sienna and Ayla as far as being different yet old school feel!
There's my two scents!!! Good Luck! I can't believe you are getting so close to the end and you will soon have her in your arms! I love that feeling.
funny. i think macey morrill has a nice sound to it. if our baby is a girl, we are naming her elyse after an ancestor and a friend of mine. but i DO think macey is cute.
ReplyDeletei do have name associations, positive or negative...but only to me, probably. here we go...
E's sister's name is sarah. she is awesome. and her middle name is jane. how funny. i know two sarah's and they are both great friends. very cool. but, yes, it isn't an overdone name.
addison is the name of the girl on grey's anatomy/private practice, right? and it is the name of an adrenal disease.
macy gray is an R&B singer. love her voice.
elsie is still the name of the mascot for borden cheese. i bet you would recognize her. and there is a scrapbooking company called "love, elsie".
that is it for my name associations. associations always steer me to or from a name. probably that way with everyone.
and i agree, if using jayne, don't end the first name in a consonant.
good luck! only 2 months left!
oh, maybe look up the meanings of each name and see if that helps at all.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thinkbabynames.com
http://www.babynamesworld.com
there are so many sites with name meanings. but those are two i have looked at.
again, good luck!
thanks for the websites Shanda! I have spent way to much time already on the babynamesworld one and I love that it has people's opinions on their own names and lots of polls on different things. I haven't ever been to the other site though so I will have to check it out. Lucky you that you guys already have a name chosen for a girl. We have a neighbor named Elise, would you pronounce it the same? I like your spelling.
ReplyDeleteOkay so here are the meanings:
Addison: son of Adam
Sarah: Princess
Macey: from Maccius
Elsie: My god is a vow(same as elizabeth, Elise, and several other derivitives.
Aubrey: Elfin King
I agree with you Britain about the hard ending with jayne. I really like the sound of Macey and Elsie with Jayne but couldn't describe why, you hit it on the nail. Sarah with it just seems doubly plain to me. Thanks for all of your comments.
Hey! I love Elsie, Sara, Aubrey, Addison, and Jane. there's a girl in our ward named Jayna and I love that. Still kind of Jane, but different! I'm sure that whatever you name her will suit her perfectly. Why is it so hard?! This is one of those decisions I'm glad there's a deadline on. Otherwise people like us would deliberate until the poor child is 10. Want me to name her for you?
ReplyDeleteHow about I throw you out a totally new name...Adalynn (pronounced addalynn). A friend of Meg's is named this. I really like it myself. Good luck. It is hard finding a good name for your child. You have done well so far, I'm sure you will agree on something soon.
ReplyDeleteI like holland, bailey, sarah, elsie, and london, did I say holland? I really like holland and london, did I mention those two. Ha j/k but you already know what I think from the many conversations weve had. But know if you get comments on names you like and people dont, dont worry about it. Do what you and brent like, or what I do and name her holland. Ha j/k again.
ReplyDeleteLove, love the name Macey. Almost named Jamo that but he was a boy. London is a close 2nd. I have a niece named London and have really grown to love that name. Elsie cute and not overdone. You know how I am with "original" names. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteCute names, so hard to pick just one! You'll decide on something and it will be perfect. No worries.
ReplyDeleteSome people wait to name their baby until they see her and that is okay. We have been able to decide who our babies are the day we find out what we are having. With Kaiya, Lexie and Gabrielle I wasn't crazy about them beforehand but somehow they just seem right. Kallie was the only one I liked first. Now I just love the names because they fit our girls.
Oh and I understand having completely different taste in names then your husband.
Funny side note, we had Addison and Macey in our list of names too.
I voted Macey on you sidebar. I knew two in high school, not that we were adults but older, and I don't think it's only a name for a little kid.
Good Luck!
Sorry!! This is a LONG comment:)
Have a grand day. ~heid
Ok, well everyone has given you good advice and i am just reading this now!! I love them all...my favorites being Aubrey (i think we talked about this before you moved!) and Addison because of the way they sound with Morril. Two more suggestions of girl names I have found and liked...cuz you know with you and I the girls just seem to keep coming!! ;) What about Capri? I love, love this name!! And the second is the name of our next girl, if we ever have another girl....but I thought maybe you would like it too so I'll share...Quincey. I just like how different yet girly they sound. Anyway, I love the names you have always chosen, so you'll do great no matter what!! :)
ReplyDeleteNames are so hard. I voted Bailey (I liked Bailey/Riley/Kylie) but Jeff nixed them because we already had Allie and he didn't want anything else with an EE sound. But Sarah has always been one of my favorite names, one that will never get mispronounced, and I love it too.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who just named her little girl Elsie. I hadn't heard it until then (lately). It's pretty.
What ever you choose, it will become perfect.
I think Aubrey Jayne is so cute! They are all cute though, just wait until you see her... you will know what she is supposed to be named. Good luck!
ReplyDelete