1.30.2007

Warmer Weather, Yippee!

I just wanted to say that after complaining so much about the cold weather we did have some warm weather here and it did wonders for our spirits. Last week, I think it was Wednesday, both girls were awake when it was time to get Hunter from the bus stop so I sat them in the stroller and we went to the park after getting Hunt. It was wonderful. I got some cute pictures of Ayla in the swing that I will post later. She loved the swing and stayed with it longer than the other two. None of us had coats on and we were perfectly warm. It was wonderful.

By the weekend Brent and I were so rejuvenated from the week of warmer weather that we were very efficient and got a bunch done on the house. We painted the new base boards and door frames and B finished putting the base in the living room. We also cleaned the whole house with the kids help and felt very productive by the end of the day. We rewarded ourselves by going out that night with Angie and Travis. It was good to get away from the kids. Love em, but it was so nice. I ended up leaving my cell at Johnny Carino's so on Sunday we took a drive and went to get it. With the kids in their jammies and watching a movie and headphones on, it felt like another date with just the 2 of us on the 80 minute roundtrip drive.

This week is cold again but at least not too much snow is the forecast. It is amazing what a little warmth can do for the soul. I just hope it isn't too much longer before we get some more. People all summer talked about how there hasn't been a summer so full of rain in years and that it was completely abnormal and that is all we have heard this winter. I am beginning to think that we are cursing the land or something. I am afraid to see what we do to Spring and Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment