I received this email and since I try not to send forwards I thought I would post it here. I really like some of the thoughts. It also reminded me a little of Oprah. I don't usually watch it but the other day some guy(I wish I knew his name) was on that had written a book( I wish I knew what it is called) that Oprah read years ago and she said that it has changed the ways she approaches every aspect of her life. The main point of the show was that we all have intentions for our marriage and for every thing that we do. We need to think about what our intentions are. He said, in much better words than mine, that we are responsible for how our life is, that we create our reality by our intentions and the way that we interact with those around us. Very profound and yet pretty straight up. The show was to help struggling couples and he talked about having a spiritual relationship. Oprah had each spouse individually list five words to describe their marriage and then list five that they wish described it. Then the man asked what their intention was going into the marriage. One lady was an absolute control freak and very OCD and it drove her husband crazy. The man told her that fear was behind her behavior and that she was afraid of herself, possibly, and failure and that when she had the urge to make a list or add something to it, to not do it and just embrace the emotion that came forward. Did anyone see it? I would love to know the name of his book if anyone knows.
Here is the email. Just something to think on.
We all need to read this one over and over until it becomes part of who we
are!
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Try everything twice. On Madams tombstone (of Whelan's and Madam) she
said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice...loved it both times!
2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down. (*keep this in mind if you are one of those
grouches*;)
3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening,
whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's
workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long, and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you
have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with
HIM/HER.
6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only
person who is
with us our entire life is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets,
keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable,
improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next
county,
to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them at every opportunity.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
About attitude:
"I am convinced
that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react
to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our Attitudes." Chuck
Swindoll
"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." John
Mitchell
*"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
*
*and those who matter don't mind."* - Dr. Seuss
great to read your blog. your kids are so cute. i love that some of them got your beautiful dimples. thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete