1.22.2007

Frozen

Not much news to report but it has been awhile so we will see where my typing leads me.

I have wanted to state that Ayla figured out the stairs last week and H and S were super excited for her and kept cheering her on to go a step higher. I got the video camera out and of course the excitement turned to taking turns holding it and Ayla trying t o eat it. We were very proud of her and her new accomplishment. She now has 6 teeth and she is chewing on the crib which I can't stand. I broke down and got some teething rails that adhere to the crib. I can cut them so they will fit perfectly. I wish I would have found them when Sienna started the destruction of the crib. Check out the website at www.onestepahead.com. I also ordered some great waterproof pads that go on the kids beds just in case they don't stay dry at nights. The go over the sheet and are just wide enough to cover the place that would get wet and they tuck under the mattress. It isn't very often any more that I have to change sheets in the middle of the night for either kids but when it does happen it is a pain. I am excited to see how these new pads will lessen the pain it is at 2 in the morning. The website has any kind of childproofing that you would ever need and also everything you wouldn't.

Hunter started Gymnastics last week and Sienna started dance. I let them choose what they wanted to do and Hunter actually went to a few trial classes before he chose the one he is in. He went to it agian tonight after he told me he doesn't like it and I told him he has to go because he told us he wanted to and we already paid. He finally consented and had a blast while he was there and then came home and spent 20 minutes teaching Sienna how to do a cartwheel. I should have thought to videotape that. They were laughing so hard because Sienna ended up doing a somersault every time. It was good to see Hunter doing something out of his element and to be socializing with the boys in his class. He usually is so shy in new situations that I was surprised to see him laughing and joking around with the class. I think it will be a good thing for him, especially since he did exceptional in every area of his report card except he was "approaching proficient" in gym and music the 1st quarter and 2nd quarter(the quarter that just ended) he was proficient in both. I am glad that he is improving but I think this will help speed up that process.

Sienna loved dance the first week. Well more accurate was she loved ballet. She did everything the teacher asked of her until they got on thier tap shoes and then she just stood there and watched. I was okay with that because it was her first class. She wore her ballet slippers for days, even to bed. Then the next Wednesday came and she got to class and just stood there again. I couldn't figure out what was up with her. She came out after 15 minutes and I bribed her with the 12 dancing princess movie and a daddy date to go back in and dance. She finally did. I found out after class that they had been calling her Sierra the entire class. I think she just didn't know what to do about it. I hope next week is better.

Brent went to the Rocky Mountain Dental Convention over the weekend to take some required CE courses and he went a little crazy getting all the great deals and equiping his office. He is super excited about his new cabinets, countertops, rotary endo, and electric handpieces. I don't even know all of what it is but I am glad that he is so excited about it. I am also glad that he is patient enough to reequip slowly so that he doesn't have to take out another loan to do it. I really want the office to be done and look fancy dancy but in the long run it will be nice to do it as we can.

I am sick again! A friend told me today that after she moved here her family was constantly sick for the first 2 winters. Ahhh! I hope that isn't the case with us but so far it appears to be. I am so ready to be done with snow, runny noses, coughs, wet shoes, and coats. School was delayed 2 hours today and I have heard that we may have to add an extra 1/2 hour to the school day to make up for all the snow days we have taken. Yesterday going into church I slipped on the ice while carrying Ayla. I fell flat on my back right in the middle of the drive as a car headed toward me. Brent told me later that he was sorry he missed it. ha ha. I have been sore all day all along my right side. Then Brent told me about his friend who had to have a hip replacement because he slipped on the ice headed into church. He didn't know for a few weeks that the artery supplying the blood to his hip had been severed when he fell and his hip died as a result. Thanks for the comforting story B. Ayla was fine. She wined a bit but she didn't really land on anything but me so no damage done, thank goodness. April and Krystal, I am truely jealous of your warm weather and I may be joining you soon. I hear that we get the most snow in March. How can we get more than this?

Does anyone have any good warm winter recipes?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Laur, I love your blog! I have some great cold weather recipes, but most of the best ones involve curry, so I figured I should ask if you like curry before I post recipes...rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love some curry recipes, especially yours since it seems every recipe you have is fabulous. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete